PDA

View Full Version : New ideas welcome

andy dixon
09-11-14, 20:52 PM
Since the birth of this site Vince and I , with the help of many suppliers have carried out hundreds of tests on the products we all use for flying

If anyone has an idea of a product,or range of products you think we should test, please let me know.
We can have about 500 worth of products from a very well know supplier to the microlight community.

The only thing we can't test are cameras and film equipment.....it's a red-tape thing....sorry but costs a fortune sticking in the mods so we can legally test them.
If there is anyone around Yorkshire with a camera system fitted please let me know and we can use you as a guinea pig

LeeMc
11-01-15, 21:13 PM
Gps receivers for Ipads please!

Deeekent
11-01-15, 21:39 PM
Me too please (gps) want to buy one now but can't make my mind up between Garmin Glo or Bad Elf pro or pro+

Peteridms
11-01-15, 21:58 PM
save your money.....buy a Samsung 7" tab, add skydemon, and away you go... I used mine in the flex, 3 axis, on my lap and never a problem tabs now for under 80 new !!! you can hook it up to your phone (teathering) and get wind, Notams and airfield info during flight..

D-Flyer
12-01-15, 02:00 AM
How about iPad mini / Nexus 7 mounts/kneeboards for use in a flex? I'm on to my fifth kneeboard so far, and have tried the RAM mount round the front strut, and it's still not perfect ;-(

Brand1068
12-01-15, 09:51 AM
I have the Samsung Tab 4 7in with SD on - works like a charm. Curry's had on offer at 160 odd.
Go the Demo at the moment - just waiting to see if that group purchase for SD comes off again

Riggers
12-01-15, 09:57 AM
... just waiting to see if that group purchase for SD comes off again

Hi Brand,

Which SD group purchase scheme is that?

Brand1068
12-01-15, 10:00 AM
The one on the BMAA forum

http://forums.bmaa.org/default.aspx?f=15&m=137968

MadamBreakneck
12-01-15, 12:27 PM

The only thing we can't test are cameras and film equipment.....it's a red-tape thing....sorry but costs a fortune sticking in the mods so we can legally test them....

Have a nice word with Ben at the BMAA Tech office. If the mods are temporaary to do a test, there might be a solution. A while back, in the days when Guy Gratton was CTO, a flying friend and I wanted to so something similar: Guy's suggestion, according to my friend, was to put in a mod application for various alternative installations and agree a test flight schedule to determne which, if any, would be the final one. The idea then would be that the aircraft would be flown on a BMAA B-conditions permit to test while the testing took place.

I don't know if Ben would agree, but it might be worth an ask.

Joan

microlight181
16-06-16, 20:07 PM
I know its summer and the cold days are a fair while away, but heated gloves would be a great review.... Something that you don't have to wire in to the plane but work for more than 5 minutes

andy dixon
16-06-16, 21:34 PM
I saw a guy with the Gerbing battery powered gloves and he had 2 batteries wired up to each glove instead of 1, he was a "DELIVEROO" pizza delivery guy and used them every day, he said the only pain was remembering to switch them on and off.

When he took them off he plugged them into the bike battery to re-charge them.