PDA

View Full Version : Warp Drive prop on Quantum?

Randombloke
03-03-16, 22:43 PM
Hi all,

P&M have done the noise certification stuff with the CAA to allow a Warp Drive Prop to be used on the Quantum, but they need to borrow a Quantum to do the flight testing on so they can update the TADS.

Anyone who can help please contact Bill Brooks at Manton?

Bob T
04-03-16, 13:12 PM
I find it quite stunning that the UK's leading flexwing manufacturer has to ask on a forum to borrow an aircraft that they make. That is like Ford asking if they can borrow a Mondeo off someone to try some new tyres!

andy dixon
04-03-16, 21:16 PM
what will the advantages be of this prop ?

Keveng
05-03-16, 10:41 AM
what will the advantages be of this prop ?
i suspect the major one is being able to buy one , at the mo you cant buy a new prop for a quantum 582 or 912 since airplast have pulled the plug, my question is why are they only doing the testing on a 912 ? does that force the 582 brigade into ssdr territory to fit a warp drive ala the quik lite ?

Brian Montila
05-03-16, 11:55 AM
I understand that Rob, the composites engineer working at Sandy airfield is in the process of making/ testing new blades for the airplast prop. So maybe an alternative will be available.
I will speak to him and find out where he's at. I know all moulds and patterns were made when I last spoke to him. And I believe he is talking to the BMAA.

Randombloke
05-03-16, 19:50 PM
As I understand it, anything that is not the approved Arplast prop will need to be tested and approved.

It's silly, but it's the rules.

Arplast have not pulled the plug, they have gone out of business.

Keveng
06-03-16, 23:28 PM
As I understand it, anything that is not the approved Arplast prop will need to be tested and approved.

It's silly, but it's the rules.

Arplast have not pulled the plug, they have gone out of business.
i understand the rules very well , my point is why are P&M only certifying a new prop type for a 912 quantum and not the 582 ?? i was also aware that arplast had gone out of business the pull the plug was a figure of speech on the state of the company.

Paul Dewhurst
07-03-16, 09:36 AM
i understand the rules very well , my point is why are P&M only certifying a new prop type for a 912 quantum and not the 582 ?? i was also aware that arplast had gone out of business the pull the plug was a figure of speech on the state of the company.

How do you know that they are not?

paul

Keveng
07-03-16, 23:00 PM
[QUOTE=Paul Dewhurst;112634]How do you know that they are not?

paul[/QUOTE

Because there isn't a call out to borrow a 582 quantum. i am sure they will get around to it one day. :)