PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft transportation

Dynaglide
19-05-17, 18:45 PM
In the next few weeks I'll be needing to move my Nynja from its cosy barn, for final assembly in a draughty hangar. Does anyone have experience of moving a de-rigged Nynja, Swift, et al, by road? Trailer or Luton van? Or even professional movers?
TIA,
Dave

Panair
19-05-17, 21:34 PM
Dave,
We use a Guy called Martin who is not only cheap but also extremely good :bravo:He took our Thruster from Lincolnshire to Malmo Sweden so a short hop will be dead easy for him...... PM me if you want his Number.

In the next few weeks I'll be needing to move my Nynja from its cosy barn, for final assembly in a draughty hangar. Does anyone have experience of moving a de-rigged Nynja, Swift, et al, by road? Trailer or Luton van? Or even professional movers?
TIA,
Dave

woodysr2
19-05-17, 23:22 PM
just get a big luton or sprinter and make sure everything is secured and you will have no problems furthest I have been was from Strathaven to Amsterdam that was to pick up the only elf now flying in the uk. It is all composite and managed the journey without a scratch

Peter Twissell
22-05-17, 13:29 PM
I moved a Thruster from N.Ireland to Norfolk in a Luton, which was just big enough that I didn't need to remove the rudder.
Wings were strapped to the sides and copious quantities of bubble wrap used.

Not all Lutons are equal. If you're going to hire one, check the exact model and it's internal dimensions.

Hope all goes well for you.

Dynaglide
22-05-17, 22:22 PM
Thanks to all for your suggestions - first off will be Panair's trailerman. If that stalls, then a good sized Luton van with a tail-lift. It's surprising how high a Skyranger's fin tops out at!
And those lovely Kiev Prop blades will stay under the bed for the move....

I just have to finish the electrics, puzzle my way through the EFIS, Radio and transponder connections (MGL Explorer/Trig TY96 Radio and remote trig squawker), then do the move.
After wings back on, the doors and glazing should see me finished.

I can't wait to take wife Sally down to Sandown for lunch :o)

Dave

The Engines
22-05-17, 22:37 PM
Thanks to all for your suggestions - first off will be Panair's trailerman. If that stalls, then a good sized Luton van with a tail-lift. It's surprising how high a Skyranger's fin tops out at!
And those lovely Kiev Prop blades will stay under the bed for the move....

Dave

Did you get hold of Trailerman? He is an excellent choice..

Dynaglide
23-05-17, 16:41 PM
I'm trying to get hold of Martin the trailerman, I think he may be away at the moment!