PDA

View Full Version : Shadow D-D - detailed drawings/dimensions

goose
27-03-10, 21:20 PM
Hi
I am keen to upgrade a C-D Shadow to the later Shadow D-D model specs.
I have access to sheets of fibrelam and a new 582 Rotax, but I'd appreciate having plans and/or specific data before I embark on such a project.

Can anyone help me to obtain detailed drawings & dimensions for each CAA approved D-D modification?
wider fuselage
higher canopy
extended foot well
Reinforced wing leading edge/anti-drag spar
Reduced tail plane incidence
Bigger fuel tank (35 litre)
Engine cowling (streamlining/air cooling scoops)

A PDF of the D-D Construction Manual and associated construction photos of the D-D would be helpful, too.

Cheers,
Bruce, New Zealand :eatcursor:

dave newington
30-03-10, 11:52 AM
A Gent called Graham Webster who posts on the bmaa web sight could be of help and this sight has been started by Shadow Enthusiasts http://82.69.164.206/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page hope this is of help
Dave Newington

goose
30-03-10, 19:27 PM
Thanks, Dave.
Graham has replied to me on the BMAA forum about another request, so I am hoping to be in touch with him soon.
Cheers,
Bruce

goose
13-04-10, 08:14 AM
Hi
No joy yet on my request for Shadow D-D plans + specs.
If anyone has detailed drawings, etc for this plane, I'd love to hear from them.
Cheers,
Bruce (New Zealand)

Hi
I am keen to upgrade a C-D Shadow to the later Shadow D-D model specs.
I have . . . sheets of Fibrelam and a new 582 Rotax, but I'd appreciate having plans and/or specific data before I embark on such a project.

Can anyone help me to obtain detailed drawings & dimensions for each CAA approved D-D modification?
wider fuselage
higher canopy
extended foot well
Reinforced wing leading edge/anti-drag spar
Reduced tail plane incidence
Bigger fuel tank (35 litre)
Engine cowling (streamlining/air cooling scoops)

A PDF of the D-D Construction Manual and associated construction photos of the D-D would be helpful, too.

Cheers,
Bruce, New Zealand :eatcursor: