PDA

View Full Version : Escapade UL260i G-POZA

Galaxy
11-04-10, 11:05 AM
Hi Folks.

Well, she is all done. I have been doing engine runs and checking over all the electrics
and systems. ALL working just fine.

Idles at 625 RPM out the box and smooth throttle responce all the way through to Max static of 2850 with all the Ts and P's solid and within limits.

Test flights are done and I need to get some hours in before I fly into Popham in a few weeks !!! EEK ! Performance is good and she climbs like billo. Good throttle responce, very good balanced stalls at all settings. She is a very nice lil thing.

Did a hour solo with 3 take offs and landings but had yo go home due other commitments even though the weather was fantastic GRRRR

If its good today ( looking unlikley ) I will take her for a few trundles up and down the runway and the get used to the ground handling and other stuff in a stiff 15 knot cross wind http://forums.bmaa.org/emoticons/wink.gif http://forums.bmaa.org/emoticons/smilewinkgrin.gif

Regards
Mark

Pics of the finished aircraft are below.

Regards
Mark

meggark
11-04-10, 11:34 AM
Looks great Mark, I'll be interested to hear how it works out with the UL260i looks like a great little powerplant. Shame you're not up in Scotland - the weather is glorious here!

spud
03-07-10, 08:43 AM
Hi mark looks fab! I saw the kit maker at the air-expo show looked interesting ,I was wondering how much she cost to build in the end,or are you too scared to add it all up lol ,wot engine did you fit.

regards spud

Galaxy
03-07-10, 10:30 AM
Hi Spud.

Its a great little aircraft, not fast like the glass ships but good enough for regular touring and mixing in with the crowd, and for farm strip flying.

I estimate its has cost me IRO 31 -32K with all the extras and permit inspections paint and so on.

As it says on the Aircraft and in the heading, the engine is a UL Power UL260i 95 hp direct drive fuel injected 4 stroke, with temp pressure compensation and electronic variable timing. It goes very well in deed. Read the article in Flyer Mag Summer edition for a full independent view on the aircraft and engine.

Regards
Mark
UL Power Agent

skyhiseanypie
04-07-10, 01:06 AM
Awsum great post i realy like her. Have fun all day long.!

$