PDA

View Full Version : Boss Bag

Jon S
26-07-10, 11:12 AM
Does anyone know Where I can get a Boss bag for a Blade? Are they available?
I've had a look on the P&M site - no sign there. And Google doesn't seem to be finding anything either...
Failing that - What does one look like? I could look at adapting something...
I'm thinking a large hold all with padding to create a back rest and some extra webbing sewn on for the seat belt to go through.

micromikeuk
26-07-10, 11:19 AM
Boss bags are very expensive for what they are but if you dont need a actual bag .....i use a 20 tltr jerry can full or empty on my Blade makes a great back rest ..

Mike

Jon S
26-07-10, 11:52 AM
Thanks for that mike.
That's what we do when my instructor takes my Blade up for a check flight, but it's a bit of a 'faff' getting the rear seat belt shoulder straps on and off to go through the handles, so I was thinking a bag might be a bit quicker to fit/remove. And once I (eventually) finish my training I thought it would be handy for stowing a bit more gear in.

micromikeuk
26-07-10, 12:07 PM
I use a short piece of nylon rope that is tied to handle on the fuel can that i tie round shoulder straps of seat belt lap part goes round can it has never moved in all sorts of flying conditions ;>)...best bet is try and get hold of a second-hand one but they are a bit rare ..try a wanted add on afors

Mike

dave reston
26-07-10, 15:00 PM
you can get one from GS aviation for a lot less than a p m one and they are perfectly suitable i use one of these myself hope this helps

Jon S
26-07-10, 17:20 PM
you can get one from GS aviation for a lot less than a p m one and they are perfectly suitable i use one of these myself hope this helps

Thanks Dave,
I'll take a look.

Blade 582
05-08-10, 15:03 PM
Jon,

Try this site, http://www.topflightsails.co.uk/products.html

There is no details of prices but there are all sorts, on the web page, give him a ring.

Martin

Jon S
05-08-10, 15:49 PM
Thanks for that - But, I bought a 2nd hand Boss bag on Afors on Saturday - so Problem solved. 80 + P&P hardly been used. Seemed reasonable to me. Compared to a useful holdall I looked at priced at 40 the week before and I would have had to adapt it.
Looks like a useful site though. I ought to get some Prop covers.