PDA

View Full Version : Dynamic WT9 - feeback sought

AliMann
23-01-11, 23:25 PM
hi everyone.

I aim to get a Dynamic WT9 and wonder what experience other members have?

I note a couple of issues (battery and antenna interference) raised on BMAA forum and I'm keen to benefit from any and all comments - good, bad or indifferent - about flyinfg, ownership, maintenance, etc.etc...

cheers

Aistair

Bill Scott
24-01-11, 00:25 AM
A nice aeroplane that handles crisply, sturdy undercarriage and roomy. 80hp 912 is plenty good enough for the slippery airframe. Eurostar on steroids.
Dealer... Don't have personal experience but I spoke to an owner who was unimpressed.

P Kelsey
24-01-11, 14:13 PM
Main point you need to consider is that the dealer shows a Empty Weight of 660lbs ( which is about 299kg ) for the Dynamic WT9 in their brochure, however somehow a few have managed to be built to 265kg (Yeah Right)

I am not sure about a Dynamic WT9 being a Eurostar on Steriods :rofl: More like a Eurostar on Tramadol..... totally unimpressed by it.... looks nice.....flys like a buckled turd !!!!

hi everyone.

I aim to get a Dynamic WT9 and wonder what experience other members have?

I note a couple of issues (battery and antenna interference) raised on BMAA forum and I'm keen to benefit from any and all comments - good, bad or indifferent - about flyinfg, ownership, maintenance, etc.etc...

cheers

Aistair

AliMann
24-01-11, 15:22 PM
Thanjks Bill and Peter, two contrasting views, clearly! Peter your point about the weight is interesting, although presumably as part of the PTF sign off the weight will be confirmed either way - but if it's the higher end that restricts 'payload'?

cheers

Alistair

Terry Viner
24-01-11, 17:21 PM
I would have a closer chat with Peter as I believe he knows quite a bit about this plane.

Terry

AliMann
24-01-11, 23:06 PM
cheers Terry, I'll follow that up,

Alistair

Bill Scott
29-06-11, 22:10 PM
"flys like a buckled turd !!!!"
No Peter, I have to disagree with you.
Since our previous posts I've accumulated 18 hours in a WT9 across to East Germany and back.
Whilst it might not be my first choice when the numbers come up, it flies very nicely.
It was smooth and comfortable, not noisy, and averaged under 10.5Ltrs/hr on MOGAS when cruising at 80knots. Would have happily flown faster, but we were in formation with a Zenair 601 and agreed that as a mutually compatable cruise speed.
I would not be surprised if it is a bit tight WRT empty weight, that applies to quite a few hot ship microlights ;) That's partly why I'm planning to use an engine that is 20kg less installed than a 912.

AliMann
29-06-11, 22:48 PM
Hi Bill - you mean you're gonna stick a different engine in a WT9? Or a different aircraft with different power plant?

Cheers

Bill Scott
30-06-11, 12:16 PM
Ali, Sorry if that gave you the wrong impression. No, I mean that I'm putting a different engine in my Rans S6. However, you raise an intriguing possibility :)