PDA

View Full Version : How does it work? (Pilot Training)

Tornado
28-01-11, 20:53 PM
I am wondering if Pilot Instructors can run their own courses on self employed basis without being attached to any Training Centres?

Is it individuals who are awarded permission or centres to deliver pilot training?

Many thanks in advance.

Phil Perry
28-01-11, 21:08 PM
Hi Tornado...

As I understand the regs at the moment, the instruction must take place in a "CLUB" environment, of which the instructor and student are both members.

But I wont sling any teddies from the cot if shown to be incorrect on this point.

Tornado
29-01-11, 12:48 PM
I can't see why a self employed trainer can't offer his services on individual basis - or form his own club ? :mrgreen:

Rick Goddin
29-01-11, 13:38 PM
I can't see why a self employed trainer can't offer his services on individual basis - or form his own club ? :mrgreen:

Raises the question of "what is a club".

The WFAeC, for example, has no permanent base, its members mainly fly from different airfields. So it's an internet based club, although with 125 or so registered members it must be one of the larger clubs in the country.

Perhaps I should enquire of "the authorities" whether an instructor in the WFAeC could operate more or less anywhere?

Looks like an interesting discussion.