PDA

View Full Version : Boston - Home of the cup!

Jiggles
12-02-11, 17:25 PM
Mark and I flew to Chatteris today, and while I flew a distractionary pattern, Mark landed and collected the cup
. . . and kidnapped the monkey :roll:

:helpsos:

(shut the f##k up monkey or you're toast)

J##n

P Kelsey
12-02-11, 17:32 PM
Condolences to the Monkey having to suffer being in your company :buttred: Lets hope someone rescues the Monkey very quickly :helpsos:

Katie
12-02-11, 19:06 PM
I go off flying for a couple off hours only to get back to find not only has the cup been swiped (didn't really except to it to stay long at Chatteris :) ) but PG has been kidnapped! :(

I hope your taking very good care of our official mascot.

Can anyone rescue PG and return him safely home to Chatteris? There will be a reward for his safe return :cp:

markh
12-02-11, 19:11 PM
Liberation from Chatteris - the monkey couldn't wait to escape and stowed away inside the cup!4284
Can't repeat on here what they have done to him!
He is now in a safe house in Boston, undergoing counseling and recuperating with the cup.
Mark - PPR 07732 205992

Bob T
12-02-11, 19:57 PM
Those monkeys get everywhere, there are 3 of them sat on my bookshelf in deepest France.

Rusty
12-02-11, 20:48 PM
Poor monkey! Looks like someone tortured him using the old stuff-him-in-A-silver-cup technique.
Did he talk? Tell you all the secrets about Chattering airfield?
Make you feel like real men does it, picking on such a poor defenseless creature?
Well I hope you feel happy with yourselves.

Ps maybe just a little jeleaous of people flying in such lovely weather today.

P Kelsey
12-02-11, 21:11 PM
Rusty,
Don't worry..... I have a MCR01 that is still needing to get to Cambridge from Italy and also a Thruster that will be passing by Boston so I will rescue the 'manky' monkey.

In humanitarian services I will need to fly it back to Chatteris as I am sure 'Manky' Monkey would have rather been kidnapped by Hosni Mubarak than those terrorists from Boston.
:helpsign:

Rusty
12-02-11, 21:26 PM
Dear Bostonians, I see that you flew flexwing into Chatteris. I feel it necessary to fly monkey back to chatteris in style: via 3-axis. Is this acceptable with you, Katie?

Katie
12-02-11, 21:35 PM
I hope someone flys him back in a three axis, he looks rather traumatized from his first flight in a flex! Although the reason for him looking so uncomfortable could be that he has his backside wedged in the cup. I hope that if he is not soon liberated from Boston then he has at least been liberated from the microlight forum cup!

P Kelsey
12-02-11, 21:37 PM
I can't believe the 'Manky' Monkey was subjected to being flown in an 'airborne Tesco Trolley' I can only think that as part of his rehab he has to be flown in at least a Eurostar or the Banbi
:f-16-021:

Dear Bostonians, I see that you flew flexwing into Chatteris. I feel it necessary to fly monkey back to chatteris in style: via 3-axis. Is this acceptable with you, Katie?

Rusty
12-02-11, 21:47 PM
Rusty,
Don't worry..... I have a MCR01 that is still needing to get to Cambridge from Italy and also a Thruster that will be passing by Boston so I will rescue the 'manky' monkey.

In humanitarian services I will need to fly it back to Chatteris as I am sure 'Manky' Monkey would have rather been kidnapped by Hosni Mubarak than those terrorists from Boston.

Peter, under any other circumstances, I would gladly help you undertake such a feat. But until the monkey is safe, I can't think of anything else. I also don't have a licence but it sounds fun.

P Kelsey
12-02-11, 21:59 PM
Rusty,
Luckily I have security clearance to the Terrorists Hit List and I have been reliably informed that John Otter is higher up the Public Enemy List than the likes of Hosni Mubarak and Osama Bin Laden, so they have given 'Operation Manky Monkey' top priority.

Unlimited Government resources have been attributed to returning Manky Monkey to Chatteris..... well actually it isn't Government Money.... it is Just the Money Johnny Vegas earned from the PG Tips Adverts with your Manky Monkey.

Katie
12-02-11, 22:03 PM
Less of the 'Manky', Peter!
Yes I know it starts with an M but so does: .......Magnificent....... :cool:

Terry Viner
12-02-11, 22:11 PM
So does moldy katie.

P Kelsey
12-02-11, 22:12 PM
Sadly whilst the Monkey was in your Club's care it would have been 'Magnificent' BUT now it has been ostracised by the 'Otter' regime it can only be 'Manky'

I am sure it must be traumatised by having suffered such an indignity as being flown to Boston in a Lidl Dust Kart, but rest assured the Monkey will return in Style.

( Excuse my exuberance....the Lemoncello is going down a little bit too easily )

Less of the 'Manky', Peter!
Yes I know it start with an M but so does: .......Magnificent....... :cool:

Rusty
12-02-11, 22:40 PM
I'm beginning to think that monkey holds a precedence over the cup.
Maybe the Otter regime are beginning to taste the poison chalice and will return the cup and its contents to Chatteris. As a gesture of goodwill, Chatteris may just let them leave with their lives, flexi things and honor intact.
Come on Bostonians, what say you?

P Kelsey
12-02-11, 22:59 PM
As an avid supporter of the The Manky Monkey Preservation Society I will do my utmost to make sure The 'knitted' Monkey returns to Chatteris, to stay within the CofG of the microlight I will need to leave the pewter pot behind though.
:eureka:

I'm beginning to think that monkey holds a precedence over the cup.
Maybe the Otter regime are beginning to taste the poison chalice and will return the cup and its contents to Chatteris. As a gesture of goodwill, Chatteris may just let them leave with their lives, flexi things and honor intact.
Come on Bostonians, what say you?

markh
12-02-11, 23:11 PM
Why not ask the monkey what he wants for a change? He flew in style today, no smelly stuffy cockpit for him - now he has tasted freedom and the open air why would he want to return? He said he enjoyed the trip - FL65 @ 100mph over the tops. Anyway he fits nicely in the cup.
Come one come all - if you dare.

Mark

spacedkitten
12-02-11, 23:11 PM
So sorry to hear he's gone missing Katie, maybe these will help you track him down? happy hunting !!!

Bill Scott
12-02-11, 23:18 PM
Don't take the poor fellah anywhere near Hartlepool

Bob T
13-02-11, 00:11 AM
These two under cover Foreign Legion monkeys are available for any rescue attempts should they be needed. They will not bring the French flag with them to avoid any international incidents and will stay deep under cover.

P Kelsey
13-02-11, 00:16 AM
BobT,

Are they the two that Border Control sent back from Sangatte because they claimed to be British Minkeys ?

Bob T
13-02-11, 00:20 AM
These two are British, they don't have PG Tips in France. I cannot reveal their identities as that would contravene Foreign Legion rules.

Jiggles
13-02-11, 02:16 AM
The monkey is enjoying a new lease of life having discovered the true essence of flying with the
Flex Are Better Under Lots Of Unexpected Scenarios team and says that he does not want liberating by any unwanted spam in a can :fighting0024:, except Katie :admire:

Boston is STRICTLY PPR; to keep out any unwanted visitors; any snatch and fly attempt will be met with monkey learning to fly without a 'chute as he has joined the
Suicide Or Bust Society. :shootself:

Shut up monkey, I've warned you once already.

John

geejay
13-02-11, 12:57 PM
Blimey John, you were up late or was it early?

Jiggles
13-02-11, 15:56 PM
Late, Graham. Flying all day, in the theatre all evening, posting has to be at night :rockon:

John

Bob T
13-02-11, 18:07 PM
OK chaps the French Foreign Monkeys are on their way and they are bringing their own supplies with them - none of that Engleeesh food needed!

Katie
13-02-11, 18:37 PM
Looks like those French Monkey's mean business. I'm sure they will rescue PG :tux:

Katie
13-02-11, 19:02 PM
I hope the middle one realises he's got his label showing! :grin:

Jiggles
13-02-11, 19:17 PM
'fraid not likely Katie, we're going to mount a german flag on the roof and you know what the frenchees do when they see anything german :surprised: :panic::cry: :dogrun:
The monkey has been taken to a secret location :plane-028: where he is being taught a new game :roulette:

:helpsos: this is your last warning monkey, do it again and :hanged:

So Katie, the fate of the monkey is down to you :waiting:

:smiley-vault-charac fly here and you could be his saviour or else Mark will be left on his own with the monkey :yipes:

As to the frenchees :buttred:

:kisscheek: John

P Kelsey
13-02-11, 21:35 PM
Looks like the only answer is: Send Rick(hofen) Goddin to collect the cup and the Monkey..... he will not be that bothered by the Kraut Flag..... in fact he will find it quite entertaining ;-)

'fraid not likely Katie, we're going to mount a german flag on the roof and you know what the frenchees do when they see anything german :surprised: :panic::cry: :dogrun:
The monkey has been taken to a secret location :plane-028: where he is being taught a new game :roulette:

:helpsos: this is your last warning monkey, do it again and :hanged:

So Katie, the fate of the monkey is down to you :waiting:

:smiley-vault-charac fly here and you could be his saviour or else Mark will be left on his own with the monkey :yipes:

As to the frenchees :buttred:

:kisscheek: John

PeteCymru
13-02-11, 21:48 PM
Barking. Absolutely barking. And they let you lot pilot airplanes? Scary.

Entertaining though :clown:

VinceG
13-02-11, 21:51 PM
Wow John, you are due an award for the largest use of appropriate smileys used in one post:-). Brilliant. :lol:

Jiggles
13-02-11, 22:49 PM
Some people can only read if there are pictures Vince :rolling:

John

markh
13-02-11, 23:32 PM
>Barking. Absolutely barking. And they let you lot pilot airplanes? Scary.<
The only thing that is scary is that the monkey is not talking - yet. We have to move fast before the frenchies arrive but I am confident he will crack.
Mark