PDA

View Full Version : Thruster Mk1 Single Seater

P Kelsey
04-03-11, 17:25 PM
I have been asked if we can ship an old Mk1 single seat Thruster microlight aircraft-MINUS ENGINE AND PROP- stored, disassembled in St Marys Tasmania, and am enquiring about the possibility of anybody knowing of a way of having it economically transported to Harrogate UK.
Whilst it probably doesn't have any real monetary value in it, I think it would be a lovely microlight to see here in the UK.

Katie
04-03-11, 18:20 PM
Can't you just assemble it and fly it? Now that would be an epic journey :dreads:

P Kelsey
04-03-11, 18:47 PM
Tell you what.... I will supply the Engine & Prop.
The Forum members can sponsor the fuel.
You can do the flight.
The route will be about 12750 statute miles ( 284hrs approximately / 5112 litres of fuel )

Sounds like a plan to me :shhh:

I am sure you will have space for a Tent, so thats the nightstops sorted.... we will just get the food supplies that Terry Viner won't use in the next 2 weeks ( he is dieting ) and that should last you 6 months.
:eatcursor:

Can't you just assemble it and fly it? Now that would be an epic journey :dreads:

P Kelsey
08-03-11, 18:38 PM
The owners idea might be to buy this one http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adview&adid=18565&imid=0 and use it to rebuild the single seater from it ;-)

I have been asked if we can ship an old Mk1 single seat Thruster microlight aircraft-MINUS ENGINE AND PROP- stored, disassembled in St Marys Tasmania, and am enquiring about the possibility of anybody knowing of a way of having it economically transported to Harrogate UK.
Whilst it probably doesn't have any real monetary value in it, I think it would be a lovely microlight to see here in the UK.