PDA

View Full Version : Cup & Monkey back at Priory

johnny3star
17-04-11, 19:46 PM
Following a successful twilight raid by a covert Priory Farm resident, I can report that the Cup and Monkey are safely back in the cabin at Priory Farm.<O:p</O:p
The Monkey had a fly around in a small biplane today, and now fancies himself as something of a Biggles character.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_PTMP5ESS8Cg/TasxxrAiYdI/AAAAAAAACk4/RKHXo4Z3GLk/s512/IMG_1605.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_PTMP5ESS8Cg/TasxlfL3OsI/AAAAAAAACko/gM-nkjbx_18/s512/IMG_1617.JPG
He hasn’t removed his replica silk scarf (thanks Andrex) since landing.

JM<O:p</O:p

P Kelsey
17-04-11, 20:20 PM
Yes the Monkey & Cup are at Priory Farm today (*Shame the kidnappers hadn't done the decent thing and told anyone last night # 16th April # that they had taken it * ) Seeing as it was lifted at 1630hrs on the 16th I fail to see why it took until 1946hrs on the 17th to notify anyone of the location.

Very unsporting and congratulations to the crew of G-CUBE for being the kidnappers of the Monkey & Cup.

Footnote to participants : It might be etiquette to publish the current whereabouts on the same day as you collect the Cup etc, this will certainly save others wasting fuel & time going on a wild goose (monkey) chase
:cry:

bingoboy
18-04-11, 03:36 AM
I hope the Priory manage to break the monkeys addiction to biscuits. :-)

bingoboy
18-04-11, 03:37 AM
A few spare apostophes should anyone need them - '''' :-)

johnny3star
18-04-11, 07:23 AM
Congratulations to the crew of G-CUBE for being the kidnappers of the Monkey & Cup.

Footnote to participants : It might be etiquette to publish the current whereabouts on the same day as you collect the Cup etc, this will certainly save others wasting fuel & time going on a wild goose (monkey) chase
:cry:

I quite agree Peter,
They apologise for the delay in notification. (nothing to do with me you understand)
First I knew about it was when I saw the Monkey in the clubhouse ?
I posted up the details (on their behalf) as soon as I knew about it.
Cheers
JM

mcgolem
18-04-11, 07:51 AM
Peter, It's perhaps lucky for the monkey (and cup), that you didn't manage to kidnap him seeing that you intended to take him to Fetlar, '200 miles off the North of Scotland'. :nono:
I think he may have been there for quite a long time, totally negating the idea of the cup.

Tom.

Rick Goddin
18-04-11, 08:14 AM
Peter, It's perhaps lucky for the monkey (and cup), that you didn't manage to kidnap him seeing that you intended to take him to Fetlar, '200 miles off the North of Scotland'. :nono:
I think he may have been there for quite a long time, totally negating the idea of the cup.

Tom.

The kommandostaffelgruppe of WFAeC is planning a raid. We will take good care of him.........
Priory Farm is less than an hour from our Ostbuero (Eastern office)

VinceG
18-04-11, 08:37 AM
Johnny3star. Who gets the gold "cup" award then? If the kidnappers are not members here?

Bill Scott
18-04-11, 09:35 AM
I think there is a chance that I can persuade the owner of the liberating aircraft (G-CUBE) to join our clan. Perhaps we should hang on for a week or so, until I get a chance to persuade him? Young Mundy may also get an opportunity to recruit Basher to the forum if they cross paths first.

P Kelsey
18-04-11, 12:23 PM
Tom, :redface:
I wouldn't have been that unkind to have took it to Fetlar, I was only planning to drop it at Eshott as that was where the Thruster flight was going to end, wouldn't have been fair if I had used the GA plane to drop it at Fetlar

Tom.

Gentreau
18-04-11, 12:44 PM
........I think he may have been there for quite a long time, totally negating the idea of the cup.

If we manage to get it into France, you'll never see it again :nono: :D

micromikeuk
18-04-11, 13:04 PM
Na there's plenty of us that go there on a regular basis ...

Mike

If we manage to get it into France, you'll never see it again :nono: :D

mcgolem
18-04-11, 16:29 PM
'I wouldn't have been that unkind to have took it to Fetlar, I was only planning to drop it at Eshott as that was where the Thruster flight was going to end, wouldn't have been fair if I had used the GA plane to drop it at Fetlar'

Now, now Peter, you told us you were going to take it to Fetlar in a Pioneer. I might be a lowly flexwing driver but I remember conversations from one day till the next.

Tom

P Kelsey
18-04-11, 17:20 PM
Now it opens the debate : is a Pioneer 300 a microlight or a GA Aircraft ? I seem to think of it as a microlight though others say it is GA ? Isn't it strange how I wouldn't worry about flying a P300 with 912s across the water to Fetlar ( actually only 119nm when I just checked ) and yet I was quite concerned crossing the Humber in a 582 Thruster ?

Anyway academic as the monkey and cup had been nabbed by the G-CUBE gang, but it was good to put faces to a few names :-x

'I wouldn't have been that unkind to have took it to Fetlar, I was only planning to drop it at Eshott as that was where the Thruster flight was going to end, wouldn't have been fair if I had used the GA plane to drop it at Fetlar'

Now, now Peter, you told us you were going to take it to Fetlar in a Pioneer. I might be a lowly flexwing driver but I remember conversations from one day till the next.

Tom

johnny3star
18-04-11, 18:19 PM
Johnny3star. Who gets the gold "cup" award then? If the kidnappers are not members here?

Good question.
I will ask them to sign up.
JM

Rick Goddin
19-04-11, 21:16 PM
Now it opens the debate : is a Pioneer 300 a microlight or a GA Aircraft ?.....snipped................

Obviously a very underwhelming question :-)> judging from the debate on here...............
More to the point, Johnny Deadstick, where at PF is the schweinisch monkey and cup to be found please? The WFAeC sturmabteilungstaffel leaves at first light

VinceG
19-04-11, 22:08 PM
I've updated the map.

Bill Scott
19-04-11, 23:14 PM
Rick, The little chap is probably sat on top of the telly in the strut hut.

johnny3star
20-04-11, 21:50 PM
Obviously a very underwhelming question :-)> judging from the debate on here...............
More to the point, Johnny Deadstick, where at PF is the schweinisch monkey and cup to be found please? The WFAeC sturmabteilungstaffel leaves at first light

He's just sitting in the "Manshed" (as Zebra calls it) at P.F
Saw him today, looked as if he was feeling a bit homesick.
Perhaps he's planning to make his way home?

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_PTMP5ESS8Cg/TasxL1jfS1I/AAAAAAAACkg/etV057hhzDM/s512/IMG_1601.JPG
JM

VinceG
20-04-11, 22:10 PM
Who get's the gold cup medal Johnny3Star. It's still unclaimed.

Katie
20-04-11, 22:56 PM
It's sad to see PG looking homesick but if he was back at Chatteris he would be kidnapped again within 24 hours :(. For his own safely it's best if he stays over at Priory. Maybe some kind soul could bring him over for a visit over easter?

Frank Thorne
21-04-11, 21:43 PM
Someone had better bring him to Popham so we can party..

P Kelsey
21-04-11, 21:53 PM
Be careful if the Cup & Monkey come to Popham, we will have to make sure Spokesy doesn't get hold of them !!

Someone had better bring him to Popham so we can party..

VinceG
21-04-11, 23:34 PM
Spokes know's the rules. He wouldn't dare, I'd take the kingpin out of his castor. :lol: