PDA

View Full Version : Some people are a bit out of date!

Bob T
24-08-11, 21:03 PM
I noticed on the other forum that someone has announced that the BioniX will debut at Blois this August.
Two things: Blois is in September, and the BioniX was shown at Blois 2 years ago, I have had mine for nearly 18 months.
This forum is obviously the place for up top date information.

Sam
24-08-11, 21:17 PM
Just aswell it wasn't anything important Bob ! Like a new Quik wing ! Don't think anyone's interested in old XL tech ;-)

Bob T
24-08-11, 21:23 PM
Just makes me think that there must be some very tunnel vision pilots in the UK.

Wanafly Flyer
24-08-11, 21:34 PM
Just aswell it wasn't anything important Bob ! Like a new Quik wing ! Don't think anyone's interested in old XL tech ;-)

Genius!!

damienair
27-08-11, 09:54 AM
I'm very interested in old XL tech, a Q wing on my machine would be the ultimate upgrade, following recently upgrading the tank, putting in an electric starter and my new Bat Spats. Best fun I've ever had for an initial outlay of 1000. Nothing wrong with XL's.

I love the Tanarg by the way, amazing piece of kit, looking forward to flying my mates one some day soon.

Damien.

Sam
27-08-11, 17:16 PM
Apologies to Damien and any other XL owners, it was only supposed to be a fun poke at BobT :poke:

I have no knowledge or experience of the XL so above is tongue in cheek with no authority. All I know is I wouldn't pay Tanarg price for one ;-)

I'm gonne stop digging !!

damienair
27-08-11, 20:42 PM
No need to appologise Sam, the XL is old, slow and very basic, but simple and inexpensive and amazing fun. I toured a good bit of Ireland in it during the summer. I was selling my Skyranger recently and thinking of changing over to a more advanced flexwing. The Tanarg would certainly be on top of the list. But luckily in Ireland I am not restricted to section S aircraft, so I could also look at other flexwings in Europe. A guy I know bought a Merlin last year and loves it. However after a lot of interest my Skyranger did not sell so I have decided to keep the Skyranger for the time being.
There was even write up's on the Bionix in the BMAA Magazine 18 months ago, it's just new news to someone.