PDA

View Full Version : Flash II Alpha Wing Bag Wanted, Please

marilyn
24-10-11, 16:32 PM
I'm in Bakewell in Derbyshire and am picking up a Flash II A. next weekend at Eshott - it is short of a wing bag - Can anyone help (with either a loan or with one I can purchase)??

Thanks, Marilyn

Dave Morton
24-10-11, 18:23 PM
could the Eshott boys not loan you one and then post it's return, they're a good bunch up there..

colin buckley
24-10-11, 18:31 PM
Is this G-MWXV? looked at it a few months ago.

marilyn
24-10-11, 18:32 PM
Hi Colin,
Yup, the same one. She's a beauty, methinks. What did you think?

colin buckley
24-10-11, 18:43 PM
Yes it was nice... I was looking at it with a fellow flying friend and he shyed away from it as he wasn't convinced he wanted to go flexwing.

I had it recommended to me by Mr Kelsey as he knew the microlight and said it was a good un. We looked at the Blade for sale by same seller and might still consider it.

Pip Pip
Colin

Hi Colin,
Yup, the same one. She's a beauty, methinks. What did you think?

Max
24-10-11, 18:49 PM
Hi Marilyn, I have just bought a new wing bag, I have the old one available, it is ripped badly on one end - solution before this was to put the wing in the bag, and then put a bin bag over the end, this seemed to do the job. Do you require the baton bag aswell? PM me if interested.

Max

marilyn
24-10-11, 18:49 PM
Colin, Storm Smith has recommended it highly as well, thanks for your comments, I am greatly looking forward to seeing it! I have bought it without seeing it. We zoomed by the driveway of Eshott on the day it was listed on Afors (coming back from a Scottish holiday) and just couldn't bear the thought of treking up there again just to have a lookee see ... I am pretty lucky and have relied on my instincts and the photos and the very charming Mr. Wilson who is the vendor! I am tickled pink, actually, by the very thought of her, the joy/anticipation of my upcoming first solo and the delight of owning her all mixed up together. Only fellow flyers could understand.

dave nixon
25-10-11, 22:41 PM
Good luck with your'e solo Marilyn ,feels like you have realy achieved something when completed,totaly diferent beast when on own,put some pics up when new aquisition arives.

marilyn
26-10-11, 07:47 AM
Hi Dave
That's a really encouraging message - thank you. I am trying to keep a perspective on this thing called First Solo - after all, it's just another step in the syllabus, eh? I have no idea how I will feel, but I have tried to take on board what others have said about the climb rate, etc., when there's no one in the back.

It has been a great summer in central France, going to Wanafly one week out of every four. Dave Lord is a great flyer, and a very inspirational teacher. I've learned to love circuits and PFL's. Well, it's all ahead of me now.

Thanks again, Dave, I appreciate your words.