PDA

View Full Version : Blade Compass

Mick_Sanderson
05-06-12, 13:38 PM
Being a Blade owner, I'm having a problem with mounting my radio to the usual fibreglass mount on the Keel,

No matter where I locate the Radio on mount the it cocks the Compass by at least 30-35degrees even worse if I try to add the Aware+, any suggestions?

SteveTurnbull
05-06-12, 14:21 PM
Hi Mick,

Mine is on the normal radio mount, but the fibreglass radio mount has been spaced out about 4 inches closer to the pilot with an aluminium plate. This makes the radio easier to reach when in the air and also moves it away from the compass.

I haven't noticed any deviation on the compass, but will make a note to check this when I'm next with my plane.

I presume you have the compass mounted in the dash, not above on the front strut?

Here's an old pic of mine, doesnt show the spaced radio mount clearly, but may help.

martin sanderson
05-06-12, 17:27 PM
6945works for me, well used to she is for sale now

Mick_Sanderson
06-06-12, 09:53 AM
Thanx for your input guys, I'm off to P&M this morning for some bits, so I'll see if any of the lads there have a solution too.

Mick_Sanderson
06-06-12, 09:55 AM
6945works for me, well used to she is for sale now

That's a lovely looking Blade Martin I'm suprised you haven't sold her by now.

VinceG
06-06-12, 10:15 AM
Martin, you need to re-advertise it on afors and put loads of pictures on. Many people don't go past the first page, to adding another advert will bring it back to the top.

woodysr2
06-06-12, 12:33 PM
Martin, you need to re-advertise it on afors and put loads of pictures on. Many people don't go past the first page, to adding another advert will bring it back to the top.

you could just add more pics and hit the refresh button it will bring it back to the front page

martin sanderson
06-06-12, 12:43 PM
yes thanks i am not the best with computers , but i was thinking about doing a video and having a link to utube 6947