PDA

View Full Version : Monkey liberation,French-Anglo cup

Pascale Garçon
25-09-12, 18:24 PM
The Monkey has been liberated once again!
I have a sugestion to all you British micro pilots that we start an French-Anglo cup. This I believe would encourage some of the elastic circuit bashers to travel further afield!
The cup will be presented to Priory Farm for its inaugural first flight,there will be a log book which will be kept with the cup on its cross channel forays.
You will be expected to Post a thread to inform of the cups whereabouts.:kisslips:
If in favour of this suggestion please leave posts.
merci,Pascale Garçon (monkey liberator)
Ps,stop hanging our monkeys as spies,they really aren't!

Gentreau
25-09-12, 19:19 PM
No need to hang the monkey Pascale, just introduce him to "une francaise" he will never want to leave :D

Pascale Garçon
25-09-12, 19:28 PM
No need to hang the monkey Pascale, just introduce him to "une francaise" he will never want to leave :D

non the Anglais in Hartlepool hung a monkey believing it to be a spy for Napolean!]

AndyJ
26-09-12, 13:18 PM
non the Anglais in Hartlepool hung a monkey believing it to be a spy for Napolean!]

Je ne sais pas quel est le meilleur en France, ils ont coupent la tête!
Pour une française, I recommend the Alps, athletic, outdoor...........

Bill Scott
26-09-12, 19:43 PM
Irrespective of the rights and wrongs of hanging monkey-spies, if the cup and monkey have been taken away from Priory Farm, then we need to have the new location confirmed.

Oh yes, it's Anglo-French by the way.

Gentreau
26-09-12, 19:52 PM
.....if the cup and monkey have been taken away from Priory Farm, then we need to have the new location confirmed.....

It would be nice of that was on the map (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=52.855864,-2.515869&spn=5.042884,9.810791&t=h&z=7&msid=207045309748362899821.000499a49e9a8ea3478c3)

dave nixon
26-09-12, 20:52 PM
Me thinks Katie is gona grab Pascale by the short ones when she gets hold of him,as there is a non cruelty to the monkey clause in the rules,stop p=ssing about and tell us where he is or be banned from appropriate airfields. :hammer:

microlight181
26-09-12, 21:22 PM
I'm more surprised so many people know about Hartlepool hanging monkeys!!

Pascale Garçon
26-09-12, 21:59 PM
:-oThe monkey has resided at west Horndon, I didn't realise people could get so tetchy no doubt I'll bump into the person who would like to ban me from certain airfields!

dave nixon
26-09-12, 22:05 PM
It did the trick though thanks for being honest ,some of us haven't got much flying time left weather permitting,im sure i will meet you are welcome at my private strip anytime when you uncover the disguise,will try try to get over Friday.:afro:

Katie
26-09-12, 22:09 PM
Hi Bruce, not seen you for a while :) Why not bring PG over to Chatteris for a visit?

The Anglo-French cup sounds like a good idea but PG belongs in the UK.

dave nixon
26-09-12, 22:19 PM
Hey Bruce there is a picture of me with Sam at Abberville so i will be easy to recognise ,you will prob pin it on the dart board.

Gentreau
26-09-12, 22:27 PM
......but PG belongs in the UK.

Doesn't say that in the rules. Say's it's open to all forum members.

Bill Scott
26-09-12, 22:29 PM
Doesn't say that in the rules. Say's it's open to all forum members.

You're quoting the rules for the cup. PG is not covered by them and has been allowed to accompany the cup. The goodwill should be respected and PG kept in Blighty.

dave nixon
26-09-12, 22:40 PM
I think Maya in Abberville said they will have a cup and cockrell as he is the french equivalent to go around the french airfields

Gentreau
26-09-12, 22:59 PM
You're quoting the rules for the cup. PG is not covered by them and has been allowed to accompany the cup. The goodwill should be respected and PG kept in Blighty.

So in that case a French or Irish based member would either have to seperate them or would not be allowed to participate.
Are you saying that non-UK based members of the forum are now excluded ?

Bill Scott
26-09-12, 23:50 PM
No. I was simply pointing out that the rules apply to the cup. PG just accompanies the cup and Katie has indicated that he should remain in the UK. PG came from Chatteris where Katie is based.

How could I possibly say anyone is excluded? It's not my cup, not my forum, not my jurisdiction.

Rick Moss
27-09-12, 07:21 AM
I would like to propose an amendment to the Cup rules (and therefore the Monkey rules) that both should remain together in the UK at all times. If somebody wishes to start a European version, that's absolutely fine; History has shown that it doesn't actually require an engraved silver cup.... a free childs toy will suffice.

See other post in this section with poll....

Sean McDonald
27-09-12, 08:05 AM
Not that I've seen Monkey or Cup but was geeing myself up to go to Coal Aston when they were there to pick them up. Wouldn't have considered crossing the channel at my stage of flying experience. I think having them in the UK is a good incentive to visit somewhere especially for us class of 2012 who are new and inexperienced P1s. Have voted accordingly on the other thread. It might be a good idea if there was a Cup logbook which accompanied them recording who flew them, where to and in what aircraft?? May be there is!!

I would like to propose an amendment to the Cup rules (and therefore the Monkey rules) that both should remain together in the UK at all times. If somebody wishes to start a European version, that's absolutely fine; History has shown that it doesn't actually require an engraved silver cup.... a free childs toy will suffice.

See other post in this section with poll....

Gentreau
27-09-12, 08:19 AM
...It might be a good idea if there was a Cup logbook which accompanied them recording who flew them, where to and in what aircraft?? May be there is!!

I think that's the idea of the map (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&ll=52.855864,-2.515869&spn=5.042884,9.810791&t=h&z=7&msid=207045309748362899821.000499a49e9a8ea3478c3), but nobody seems to update it :(

dave nixon
27-09-12, 08:38 AM
Maybe put one of those 150 quid trackers in PG so we can all be happy knowing where they are ,it would be nice for them not to be stuck in the east of our wonderfull country[ that big city i was born in allways gets in the way], not to may emergency landing sites for us 2 strokers.