PDA

View Full Version : How long till the license arrives?

john222
30-04-13, 15:33 PM
It is probably a frequently asked question... but how many days until CAA sends the license after the application was sent from BMAA? I know their website says 10 working days, but has anybody received theirs recently ?

VinceG
30-04-13, 16:12 PM
Mine took 3 weeks to arrive.

riggles2
30-04-13, 23:38 PM
Mine took two weeks from the date of posting it to the bmaa. Good luck, each day feels like a week.....

dave nixon
01-05-13, 00:45 AM
I took mine to bmma office had checked two weeks,they were very helpfully at Deddington(Bmaa head office).

dbrunton
03-05-13, 15:38 PM
mine took about a month to arrive

microlight181
03-05-13, 20:06 PM
Mine was about 6 weeks.. Which felt like forever!!

Rafikiyako
04-05-13, 06:37 AM
My pal is waiting for his to be processed, he called the CAA and was told that due to cuts they were putting all new microlight pilot licence applications on hold until they had resolved a back log (?). My pal was not overly happy with this response and contacted Geoff Weighill at the BMAA asking he get involved to resolve the issue. Geoff was apparently unaware of the stance being taken by the CAA, This happened on Thurs 2 May, might be worth you contacting Geoff as well

unwind-protect
04-05-13, 13:04 PM
due to cuts they were putting all new microlight pilot licence applications on hold until they had resolved a back log (?).
You do have to wonder what the CAA do for their 150; 'cause it's certainly certainly overpriced for photocopying the A4 piece of paper you get as a license!

Gazza
04-05-13, 18:04 PM
I,ve just passed my nav exam, got my last solo time in and sent off the paperwork to BMAA.
Hope it doesn,t take too long to get that Golden Ticket. Fingers crossed eh guys & girls 8-)

dave nixon
04-05-13, 18:07 PM
Well done Gazza,seems a long wait ,have I had any post etc

DarrenM488
04-05-13, 18:14 PM
My pal is waiting for his to be processed, he called the CAA and was told that due to cuts they were putting all new microlight pilot licence applications on hold until they had resolved a back log (?). My pal was not overly happy with this response and contacted Geoff Weighill at the BMAA asking he get involved to resolve the issue. Geoff was apparently unaware of the stance being taken by the CAA, This happened on Thurs 2 May, might be worth you contacting Geoff as well

Does that mean they're putting the fee on hold too? - I doubt it very much!

john222
07-05-13, 14:09 PM
I just phoned them and it seems that they processed my payment and got the application ready to be signed today, and it will be sent today or tomorrow. It doesn't look like they are putting the applications on hold, it just takes a bit more to process (in my case, 12 working days including today).

jonboy1081
09-05-13, 13:44 PM
Mine was approved by the BMAA on the 23rd of April, no sign of it yet so rang the CAA yesterday and told it would be processed this week or next, so it's looking around 3-4 weeks at the moment. :sad:

john222
13-05-13, 14:58 PM
It arrived!! on Friday, so exactly 3 weeks.
Now to find some good weather and some spare time..

dave nixon
13-05-13, 17:14 PM
John work when it's raining and windy fly when it's good,simples.

jonboy1081
15-05-13, 21:20 PM
Mine arrived today:rock:, a little over 3 weeks, although they have spelt my address wrong :teeth:

Gazza
23-05-13, 23:32 PM
Just got my licence, two weeks after the BMAA received my paperwork.
Brilliant feeling and I'm trying to convince myself that it's very slightly more impressive than I thought it would be.
At least you get a nice blue holder for it. Oh well, just need fair weather now so I can get up there and fly.
Free at last! :plane-028:

Pete Clarke
14-06-13, 14:44 PM
After a phone call on Wednesday when I was just told that someone would contact me with an explanation as to why it had taken so long, my new licence arrived this morning.
Considering that the recommendation was forwarded by the BMAA on May 2nd it wasn't a very impressive performance. Maybe it was because it was a microlight rating added to an expired currency UK PPL(A) that confused them?
Anyway I now have three licences in my possession all with different numbers and different colours, my oldest Board of Trade one with a smart hard beige cover, my first CAA one with a plastic brown cover and now a blue plastic covered one.
It has a 2 year validity on the revalidation page so now I suppose I shall have to find out if I have to use the NPPL revalidation system or if I can use the original 5 hour in 13 month signature system.
I don't have a clue why they give me a new number every time but the first time I called them to enquire about going microlight they didn't seem to be able to find the number of my CAA licence!
Fun, isn't it?

Rodent
14-06-13, 19:44 PM
Amazed to get my logbook back yesterday from the BMAA, it did not go in the post until Monday night, my heart sank when I saw it as I thought there must be a problem, alas no all in order, so just waiting for CAA now....

Rodent
22-06-13, 17:51 PM
Licence arrived today, under two weeks, brill....

dave nixon
22-06-13, 17:55 PM
Nice one see the caa don't drag their heels,is the name Rodent what the girls call you,:|.