PDA

View Full Version : P&M newsletter

AndyJ
30-04-13, 18:16 PM
Hi guys, Just received a new newsletter from P&M as attached; the introduction text is as below:
(If someone can tell me how to attache a .pdf I'll attach the newsletter also).

Dear P&M Customer

Please find attach our new P&M Spring Newsletter which we hope you enjoy.

We are planning to produce 4 newsletters each year and want to actively encourage your input into producing these quarterly publications. Whether you have taken part in an adventure, or you would simply like to share something, do please let us know. The next newsletter is planned for June/July.

We would also like to hear from you about our aircraft. Would you for example like us to produce a cheaper basic trike, or should we continue developing the Quik range. Maybe the answer is a factory built 3-axis microlight. Whatever your thoughts, we would love to hear from you.

Meanwhile we look forward to seeing you at Popham next weekend. Letís hope the weather is kind to us all. You will notice in the newsletter that we have advertised a P&M Aero Jumble sale throughout the weekend. Items include fuel tanks, wheels, tyres, props and several unsold Magic Laser /Cyclone trikes and wings which we are keen to shift. Come and see us on the stand if you are after a bargain or call us if you are interested.

Finally, you will have received this email because we have your details on file from contact with us at some stage. If you do not wish to receive any further information from P&M do please let us know and I will delete your details from our files.

Kind Regards

Tim Jackson

Jiggles
30-04-13, 18:33 PM
Andy, what was the purpose of your post? P&M owners and customers will get their own email notification and those who don't wont be interested. Have I missed something? John

prisky
30-04-13, 19:00 PM
Andy, what was the purpose of your post? P&M owners and customers will get their own email notification and those who don't wont be interested. Have I missed something? John

I was interested in the post for the Popham sale items, they may have some nice Quantum bits going cheap.

renmure
30-04-13, 19:17 PM

This P&M owner and customer hasn't had an email notification and so found the post useful.
Therefore, yup, think you have missed something.

Sam
30-04-13, 19:41 PM
Neither have I, cheers Andy !!

Peteridms
30-04-13, 20:14 PM
neither have I, and I have had 2 P&M aircraft, and brought bits for both..... via email

I go to these shows to try and grab a bargin or even a maintenance spare, but found both Popham & NEC to lack
manufactor bargins, so it looks like someone at P&M has seen a ideal market to shift some odd stock..

Parky
30-04-13, 20:51 PM
Me neither.

dave nixon
01-05-13, 00:42 AM
Ditto me neither

dave nixon
01-05-13, 07:11 AM
Had mine this morning 6.30 ,will b at Popham.

quantum15
01-05-13, 07:47 AM
No had mine yet

woodysr2
01-05-13, 12:36 PM
Nothing arrived here either?

SteveTurnbull
01-05-13, 13:03 PM
I received mine :-) and it's really interesting :-)

VinceG
01-05-13, 13:47 PM
See attached.

microlight181
01-05-13, 21:11 PM
Tell you what is interesting about that news letter... That someone is actually thinking of building a cheaper brand new flexwing.... The GTRs of this world are fantastic, but well out of many peoples league who still want a two seat aircraft.... I wonder if they really could build 'The Peoples Microlight'..... Or something like it... I guess they are limited due to the cost of the 912 that are in everything.... I'm watching with interest!!

VinceG
01-05-13, 22:28 PM
They will still make you a quantum if you order one. Nobody ever does, they want the latest hot ships if they are buying new.

iPhone Tapatalk

MAX912S
02-05-13, 02:49 AM
Bring back the Blade 582 Kit :-)

Gentreau
02-05-13, 09:51 AM
There was a very interesting article recently in one of the French microlight mags which explained quite well why the high cost machines are favoured by manufacturers.
They compared the build cost for a basic rag n tube 3-axis against a hot-ship, and it is clear that raw material costs represent a relatively small proportion of the overall cost of the build. The major element is manpower, and it still takes many man hours to asemble a low-cost machine. They came to the conclusion that to produce a machine with a sale price of less than 30k Euros is very difficult unless you can move labour costs to a cheaper location.

Seems like a good argument for building from kit if you can .....

Parky
02-05-13, 19:02 PM
You would presume the recession is biting like in all walks of life.At least P&M have asked their customers for thoughts on what they want.��

Paul Dewhurst
06-05-13, 15:26 PM
You would presume the recession is biting like in all walks of life.At least P&M have asked their customers for thoughts on what they want.

on a point of philosophy, that's all very evolutionary, but not terribly revolutionary. Ask the customer what they want and its all comfier seats, heaters, bigger cockpit and more speed.

the true successes have been when someone thinks outside the box and comes up with a new concept, that stops us in our tracks our tracks and takes us in anew direction that surprises and excites us.

This happened to me at Friedrichshafen - FK had a microlight mustang. two seats in tandem, brilliant looks, cunning light carbon fibre construction complete with moulded rivet lines, and a 912S. suddenly I was taken with the idea of having one as a school plane - taildragger conversions would suddenly be a very desireable thing to sell, and trial lessons, and even get two and do dogfight training - not to mention the fun of instructing in such a beast.

Seconds before if someone would have asked me what I wanted in a school plane I would have answered 'comfier seats, heater and bigger cockpit'....

Only small problem is the cost and need to certify in the UK.... And the slightly strange prospect of buying an allied fighter replica from Germany - but then again we did sell a few Flylight doodlebugs to Germany...:)

I bet if we zipped back in time to the 70's and wandered into a flying club and asked what type of plane everyone wanted, they certainly wouldn't have described a flexwing. it took a genius to come up with that and show us what we really wanted!

And few in a gliding club would have come up with a paraglider - which now outnumbers all other soaring devises many times to one!

It takes a visionary to offer us a new way of looking at things to make real progress.

Paul

Gentreau
06-05-13, 18:53 PM
Very nice indeed (http://www.fk-lightplanes.com/news.php?ln=2&pg=&id_g=58)

What price did they tell you Paul ??

Paul Dewhurst
07-05-13, 10:06 AM
Very nice indeed (http://www.fk-lightplanes.com/news.php?ln=2&pg=&id_g=58)

What price did they tell you Paul ??

About 95K euros..:(

paul

Parky
07-05-13, 19:35 PM
I agree with you Paul about your post.A visionary does show us the way in any walk of life.Unfortunately though(you know far more about it than I ever will)but buearacracy? gets in the way.If you guys that make aircraft could really show us what your imagination can do we would be wowed.While ever our authorities control you guys it makes the market all too similar.I'm glad your trying to change things from the inside.