PDA

View Full Version : Two Seater for Under 3500?

nezrobiso
30-08-13, 15:05 PM
Having spent a few months nosing around the forum I am going to take the plunge soon - going to visit a couple of local schools and have a nose around. Still undecided between Three Axis and Flexi (enjoying all the banter!!!) so may have to try a flight in both just to see. :grin: A deciding factor for me once I get my license is that I will want to take passengers but will be limited to a budget. Can you get a decent two seater Three Axis under 3500?(I've seen a few flexis for that so I don't think the budget will be a problem if I take that route).
Thanks for your help - already had loads of useful advice from here.
Neil

jjones
30-08-13, 15:25 PM
there are a few 3 axis machines in budget:

e.g. http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adview&adid=26934&imid=2
http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=adview&adid=26683&imid=3
just keep an eye on the adverts

Damien
30-08-13, 15:58 PM
Have you thought about a syndicate? For both flex and 3 axis I think it's a good option, you'll get more for your money and the maintenance and hangarage will be shared. If there's only 2 or 3 of you it shouldn't impact too much on the availability of the a/c.
I'm hoping to upgrade to a 4 stroke Quantum next year if I can find someone else to share with.

meggark
30-08-13, 16:22 PM
Thruster TSTs can be had for that money. Or as suggested look at syndicates.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

andy dixon
30-08-13, 18:08 PM
Advantage of a flex wing....if you get skint, you can just fold the wing up and stick it in your garage at home for a while.

If you bugger up at the controls in a flex wing you just let go of everything and they fly them selves,if you let go of everything in a 3axis it's "good night Vienna"....but don't let my last comment put you off.

Thebreeze
30-08-13, 19:27 PM
As I have recently discovered it all depends if your 3.5k includes the likes of helmet, headset, suit, charts, etc etc. multiply by 2 if you intend to take a passenger. Not forgetting 2 stroke oil and fuel, hangarage, bmaa fees for permit, caa fees insurance, tools and spares, blah blah lol. I bought a flex for 5 k but I bet I have spent another 1500 on "bits". It all adds up considerably in my opinion. Please don't let me put you off but I couldn't think of anything worse than spending your hard earned in an aircraft you couldn't afford to fly! It's worth thinking about.

nezrobiso
31-08-13, 08:18 AM
I had thought about syndicates but would people be interested in sharing with a learner / newly qualified - heavy landings etc?

MadamBreakneck
31-08-13, 08:56 AM
I had thought about syndicates but would people be interested in sharing with a learner / newly qualified - heavy landings etc?
Another newly qualified? That's how we set up our first syndicate (http://www.bumble-bee.demon.co.uk).
Joan

meggark
31-08-13, 10:22 AM

Many qualified people will be happy sharing too. I would provided their skill level was reasonable.

Rusty
31-08-13, 21:29 PM
I thought a learner pilot had to own the aircraft outright to use for their flight training? Except factory builts.

meggark
31-08-13, 21:44 PM
I thought a learner pilot had to own the aircraft outright to use for their flight training? Except factory builts.

Yeah that's correct if you're using it during training.

nezrobiso
01-09-13, 07:58 AM
Sorry if I'm being slow but can I just clarify - if I am training on the aircraft it must be wholly owned by me and not part of a syndicate ( unless, of course, its the instructor's)?

Katie
01-09-13, 08:18 AM
If it's a kit built aircraft it must be wholly own by you or a very close family member if you want to learn on it. A share in a factory built aircraft can be used for training.

It's just to stop crafty flying instructors training on kit builts by forming syndicates around them :)