Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Cheers, adficio

Further good advice from you and others on PM.

Looking forward to talking to sellers soon.

Cheers, guys!

Thanks
    Another thing which was pointed out to me - is that you should make sure there is room at the INN in Perth. They have a lot of flexy's there and when I asked they only had one space left (which was taken a month later). Obviously if you buy one from Perth, you wont have that issue, but make sure you have hangarage first.
    If I am ever on life support - switch me off and back on again - see if that works

www.flexwingscotland.co.uk

Thanks
    you could always get a pilot from your field to accompany you on the trip to fly it back for you,that way you get to fly in your new aircraft sooner rather than later and could give you some pointers on handling characteristics etc

Thanks
    Actually, Andy makes a really good point re Perth.
    If you were looking to buy something and move it into Perth you would need to make sure from the hangar manager well before hand that there was going to be room for it. Last time I paid any attention there was a decent waiting list and you can only get onto the waiting list if you join the club and are a member in the first place. Busy place.

adficio
    http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=...d=32102&imid=0
    One of the Blade Microlights offered for sale in Eire is going to be Parted out if not sold by 27th February.
    The price is reduced to €7000.00 ( 5200.00 )

I had this pointed out to me by my adviser helping me look for a decent flexwing.

His advice to me was " If the guy is thinking of Breaking up a complete flexwing, he is desperate to get some cash out of it."

The further advice was " Offer the guy something considerably less than €7000.00 and the seller is most likely to accept the bid rather than mess aboit stripping it out "

I am only saying this as I am not looking for a Blade now.

Thanks
    Thanks for the tip re EI-EAP.

I talked to the seller this morning and he's selling at 7000 GBP, not 7000 Euro. That puts it above my price range, but it looks like a fine aircraft so I hope he's still happy to talk to me about it.

I'll keep you guys up to date with progress and hopefully I'll be talking to the CAA about re-registering an Irish aircraft in UK.

Good point re hangarage, folks. I'll do some checking with the local fields.

Cheers

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hello Rodgby,

I live in Ireland and know the seller of the 582 Blade. He is a really nice Guy and the Blade is immaculate. The owner has owned this aircraft for at least 6 or 7 years, maybe longer, has not been flying much and the majority of the hours were done by the original owner. The present owner has a brother who also Flys Microlights and owns a Beautiful 582 Shadow. The Shadow Pilot is also a Military Trained Aircraft Mechanic and an Inspector and he would have done all the maintenance work on this Aircraft. It would be a great Plane to buy. Although priced high at 7,000 when you can buy a Blade 912 for 8,000, if you can get it cheaper you will have a very good machine.
    I had a Pegasus XL which was on the G-reg and I put it on the EI-reg. Last summer I sold it to a a very nice chap from outside London. All I had to do was cancel registration with the IAA, send the letter of Cancellation to the CAA who then re-issued the old Registration. Took the old letters off and applied the new letters (pain in the neck) and had it Permitted. Bobs your uncle. It was easy, just a paperwork exercise that took about 2 weeks all in and a day in the hanger removing letters with Tarps and a Hair Dryer.
    Best of luck buying your first plane what ever it may be and enjoy. I bought a Quantum 503 last summer and I am getting it ready to fly in March for the new Season. I also saw a very nice Yellow Quantum 503 similar to the one I bought on AFORS a couple of weeks ago which looked nice and was around the 5,000 mark.

Damien

PS - I have no affiliation with the owner or Aircraft. Just know it from visiting the home airfield once and meeting the owner at a couple of Fly ins.
    Pilots are just Plane people with a special Air about them.

G-BZJO Quantum 503 Flexwing only Jockey now.

adficio
    http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=...d=32171&imid=0

This looks like a contender for someone to get a bargain.

I am happy today as I purchased a lovely Quik today for a knockdown price from a Bank reclaim.

Mick.