Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgby View Post
    I got an email from my local instructor last night with some options about Quantum/Blades which might be for sale soon - all good there

Derrick
    If you can stretch to Bills Quantum you will be buying a good aircraft.

Thanks
    I purchased my Quik 912s from Scotland last summer, the wind is quite bad up there,so the aircraft don't get flown as much so tend to be less hours for the year. (CAA statistics ) mine was absolutely immaculate 10 years old low hours and one owner.
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dave nixon View Post
    Blade 582 plenty of go spent most time 65-70
    But just make sure which way the wind's blowing at the time: East Anglia's climate, fr'example, can easily reduce that to 35-40 groundspeed, & ramp up fuel consumption disturbingly, on a 582...

Thanks
    If you are trying to buy a 912 Quantum, it will be gone in 48 hours on AFORS if the price is right, IMV.

Adding a load of requirements to the sale means the owner will sell it to someone else.

Trailering your aircraft home is tedious and no fun but it has a huge weather window and there is no pressure to take decisions to get home. When you derig the aircraft you may notice things that you want to investigate at your leisure.

You are also not pressured if paperwork is not correct or does not arrive in time.

At the risk of being a boring ******* you want to get your new pride and joy home then rig it and fly it when you are ready, and not under pressure to get home.

If you are not familiar with the type the this adds another dimension to the cocktail.

People on this forum have 100s of hours and give good advice, but consider the experience difference when deciding to fly a new and unfamiliar aircraft back to base.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"

Thanks
    That sounds like sage advice, Randombloke. I've now pretty much decided to go with an older Quantum/Blade 582 (ideally with a 2-stroke mixing system and bluetop). Reasons are budget, experience and being very new to this game - 10-13k outlat not really on the cards right now. As ytou say - trailering home is probably a good plan.

Renmure - Bill's aircraft is out of my budget and because of that I don't plan to investigate further with questions about engine age, etc. Shame that!

Looking on AFORS, there's a Blade 582 Bluetop in Ireland which has a lot of interest (so I'm probably too late). http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=...d=12338&imid=0. If I buy this and accept the costs of getting it home, what else do I need to do? Presumable I'd need to have it checkflown and permitted to fly in UK. Are there any other requirements when transferring aircraft into UK? Any ideas of costs for all of this?

Thanks again, folks!

Thanks
    That sounds like sage advice, Randombloke. I've now pretty much decided to go with an older Quantum/Blade 582 (ideally with a 2-stroke mixing system and bluetop).

Renmure - Bill's aircraft is out of my budget and because of that I don't plan to investigate further with questions about engine age, etc. Shame that!

Looking on AFORS, there's a Blade 582 Bluetop in Ireland which has a lot of interest (so I'm probably too late). http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=...d=12338&imid=0. If I buy this and accept the costs of getting it home, what else do I need to do? Presumable I'd need to have it checkflown and permitted to fly in UK. Are there any other requirements when transferring aircraft into UK? Any ideas of costs for all of this?

Thanks again, folks!
    think the mixing system is called a can

You need to look round a bit I dont know what condition that blade is in but its a bit high in price for a 582 and has been on sale for a long time probably due to price
    Cheers Mike

In life those that know don't speak and those that speak don't know.

Keep your wheels pointing down
    For all your training needs Chattris/Boston airfield http://aaa-microlight.co.uk/
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wfaec/join
    anything i post is my opinion you can either take it or leave it

Thanks

No probs. It is easy to spend other folks money

There is a 2 stroke Quantum in the hangar at Perth which you could get for a fair discount on the price of the one you linked to and obviously have the benifit of having the owner (he also has a Quik in the hangar) and also a resident BMAA inspector, and Bill as a check pilot at the airfield to give you advice and guidance (and test flights I would imagine) of a fairly known quantity.

adficio
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodgby;
    looking here's a Blade 582 Bluetop in Ireland which has a lot of interest (so I'm probably too late). http://www.afors.com/index.php?page=...d=12338&imid=0. If I buy this and accept the costs of getting it home, what else do I need to do? Presumable I'd need to have it checkflown and permitted to fly in UK. Are there any other requirements when transferring aircraft into UK? Any ideas of costs for all of this?

Thanks again, folks!
    This Blade 582 was previously G-CBOL before being registered in Eire. I was interested but lost interest when I saw that the registration of EI-IRE in the advert is fictional.
    The actual registration is EI-DRH

There was another Blade 582 down in Eire registered as EI-EAP that was for sale that I was interested in but would need to check whether still on the market. I saw it advertised on a different website than afors and basically I was offered a better deal than what it was advertised on afors at.
    EI-EAP was previously G-CBOV which means either are UK suited for putting onto the BMAA Permit scheme.
    I am now looking at other flexwings now.

Mick.
    Last edited by adficio; 08-02-15 at 01:25 AM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adficio View Post
    This Blade 582 was previously G-CBOL before being registered in Eire. I was interested but lost interest when I saw that the registration of EI-IRE in the advert is fictional.
    The actual registration is EI-DRH

There was another Blade 582 down in Eire registered as EI-EAP that was for sale that I was interested in but would need to check whether still on the market. I saw it advertised on a different website than afors and basically I was offered a better deal than what it was advertised on afors at.
    EI-EAP was previously G-CBOV which means either are UK suited for putting onto the BMAA Permit scheme.
    I am now looking at other flexwings now.

Mick.
    Thanks for that. I've been in touch with the seller - he says the aircraft is genuine and he's just being careful. However, like you - I am not trusting enough to pay a visit to Kerry to have a look at this aircraft. So - still on the search.

Cheers

adficio
    Attachment 12027 I was just surprised that a seller would go to such trouble to misidentify Their flexwing? If you could buy the Genuine EI-IRE for the money that the AFORS advert shows I would say that you would be getting a bargain

I am glad I took advice from someone in the know & was told to avoid EI-DRH as the price was Top Dollar €8000.00 is roughly 5900.00

I was advised 5200.00 or €7000.00 was where that should be priced and then still haggle it down to 4950 or better.

Thanks for that. I've been in touch with the seller - he says the aircraft is genuine and he's just being careful. However, like you - I am not trusting enough to pay a visit to Kerry to have a look at this aircraft. So - still on the search.

Cheers
    Last edited by adficio; 08-02-15 at 16:53 PM.