Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Yes, but that's of little consolation to mainstream pilots who are the majority.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    True but I was thinking of a new prop for a SSDR I am working on, old one reasonable but has a little split in the wood, some one said superglue will seep through and sort it ... so may not need one.
    Yes agreed the prop goes thru the just the same as any other so why should we have to pay thru the nose or get lesser products because we are UK !!!!! CAA tut tut
    for funs sake

Thanks
    If the split can be pulled apart a wee bit I'd tend to go for a good quality wood glue and bind it tightly while it's curing (but see further comment below). The wooden prop on my French X-Air has had several small dings in it repaired using fibreglass some of which (repairs, not dings) I did myself after acquiring the aircraft. Then just rubbed down and varnished in the usual way. Absolutely no problems to date. Personally I'd say that you do need to get some adhesive into the split and be satisfied that it has gone in to be absolutely sure of not having a problem in the future. Does the split go right through or is it just a surface separation of two of the layers of wood that have been used in the prop's construction? If it goes right through I'd be very careful because it could be a sign of something a bit dodgy. If the latter, it might be better to just dig the fault out and fill with fibreglass as I've described IMO.

PS wood and fibreglass go very well together in case you're worried. I know because when I was quite a bit younger working in marketing I was involved in the launch of Thorpe Park and watched a craftsman build a wooden model of the Queen Elizabeth about 20 feet long which was one of the exhibits at the launch. He made the complete structure from timber and fashioned all of the lovely curved bits from fibreglass that joined to and merged with the wood. It was beautiful when he'd finished and painted it.
    Last edited by Roger Mole; 22-10-15 at 17:08 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MikK View Post
    what was the cost of the propeller?
    Are you interested in a 6-bladed propellers?
    Pictured propeller is special, reduced diameter 1600 mm for powerful engine 250 hp Subaru.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    no mine would be a 3 blade for an old rotax 447 on a flexwing or maybe a 2 blade
    for funs sake

Thanks
    In the first photo 6-bladed propellers are depicted rectangular blades with a diameter of 1400 mm, which are suitable for your 3-bladed propeller.
    Also you can use for 2-bladed propeller diameter of 1600 mm. With straight blades - cheaper, with scimitar-shaped blades - more expensive.

These recommendations apply to the engine with a conventional gearbox 2.58

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    they look good?
    for funs sake

Thanks

Thanks
    New carbon fiber spinner spinner and the new larger size - 262 * 290 mm.
    i284289739474749102._szw480h1280_.jpgi284289739474749131._szw480h1280_.jpg