Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Visicover aircraft insurance

I'm (happily) with Crispin Spears mainly because of the good reports from other pilots in relation to claims being settled and the price of their insurance for my Quik (700 fully comp) but I received a letter from Visicover yesterday and wondered has anyone dealt with this company especially from a claiming angle.
    Only interested as I went through their supposedly "quik" online quote and they were a couple of hundred cheaper but proof is in their efficiently with claims etc.
    cheers, Dave
    G-HAMS a pretty quick Quik

Thanks
    Dave,
    I also had a letter from Visicover and yes I am sure they could save me money regarding my 'legal requirement' for insurance cover.
    However, having just had an accident (see para below, below), I too was very impressed with Crispin Spears management of the claim.

Insurance cost nothing to provide, and therefore to sell such is very profitable - as in your post the worth of the 'product' is in the claim settlement. It all falls down to 'you pays your money - you makes your choice'!

Standard 125000 passenger liability is totally inadequate - 1000000 should be the minimum you fly with. To that end you also need to get a quote with that criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Morton View Post
    I'm (happily) with Crispin Spears mainly because of the good reports from other pilots in relation to claims being settled and the price of their insurance for my Quik (700 fully comp) but I received a letter from Visicover yesterday and wondered has anyone dealt with this company especially from a claiming angle.
    Only interested as I went through their supposedly "quik" online quote and they were a couple of hundred cheaper but proof is in their efficiently with claims etc.
    cheers, Dave

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbaldyman View Post
    Standard 125000 passenger liability is totally inadequate - 1000000 should be the minimum you fly with. To that end you also need to get a quote with that criteria.
    You've nailed it because the biggest claims are now for injury. Any flex can be bought for under 65k in the UK, currently. Damage to property eclipsing 100k would be rather difficult.

Serious injury to a passenger plus lifetime care is another matter.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"

Thanks
    I bet the guy who owned the company was too, as he passed away and he was only in his 30's
    His wife kept it going for a further year,but then wound the company up.

It was a great insurance provider.
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting

Thanks
    My renewal invitation from CSP just arrived this weekend and in the same post was a letter from Visicover so I guess there is no harm in calling for a quote.

Thanks
    I would also be interested to know if they cover French machines, pilots and passengers as my last years fully inclusive including passenger etc for an Air Creation (2009) value 17000euros was for 1400euros. Info or contact details appreciated
    F-JRIB LF1751 Corme Ecluse

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Phil.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Not sure you can call Visicover for a quote. I think you have to fill out the on-line which is far too complex and time consuming in my opinion. I gave up in the end, phoned Darren at CSP and it was all sorted in seconds. May pay a bit more I suppose but CSP have a good reputation as far as I can see and I don't need to fry my brain in the process....

Quote Originally Posted by renmure View Post
    My renewal invitation from CSP just arrived this weekend and in the same post was a letter from Visicover so I guess there is no harm in calling for a quote.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean McDonald View Post
    Not sure you can call Visicover for a quote. I think you have to fill out the on-line which is far too complex and time consuming in my opinion. I gave up in the end, phoned Darren at CSP and it was all sorted in seconds. May pay a bit more I suppose but CSP have a good reputation as far as I can see and I don't need to fry my brain in the process....
    Yup, you were right. On-line only. Suppose these days that isn't a surprise and if you never need to contact the insurer it is all fine. In saying that, I don't mind paying a premium to speak to someone if needed and it was a simple thing to phone CSP a couple of months ago to add my local inspector to the policy (for free) to get a check flight covered after changing the wing.

So, on a like for like basis for agreed value Hull Cover and 1M 3rd party cover was 660 with CSP and 550 with Visicover.
    I will give CSP a phone tomorrow to see if there is any wiggle room on that figure but am minded to go with them anyhow.

Thanks
    Well, in a total volte-face, I think I will get my insurance cover with Visicover after all.

I got a follow-up email from their Customer Services team thanking me for filling in the online quote thingy and asking if I had any queries. I fired off a reply mainly saying that I appreciated their costs were lower by being online-only but that I found some things to be far easier to do with a quick phonecall rather than protracted email exchanges and box ticking exercises. I also asked a couple of questions about payments.

Their reply was suitably comforting about there being a number to speak to a real person if needed and (I appreciate I could have found this info somewhere in the website) they allow the annual premium to be paid, at no additional costs, over 8 months

Thanks
    I own a 2013 Quik, and I've just renewed with Visicover after 3 years at CSP. It was around 250 quid cheaper, with Crown Indemnity, personal accident cover, vandalism, and some cover for GPS equipment etc. The website was very straightforward to use, and I liked the fact you could select certain options and see how this altered the premium instantly, giving a great deal of choice. I sent a couple of queries to Visicover by email, the first one answered within minutes, the second within an hour or two. I'm still waiting on an email answer (or call?) from CSP regarding my renewal, and I sent the email on Sunday. That said, I've never made a claim with CSP, so can't comment on that aspect, but I have heard or know others who have, and I think generally the claims have been handled very well. The various forums also give a positive experience of Visicover, so it was the price that did it for me.