Thread: Bluetooth

Thanks

Bluetooth

Can anyone help ?
    I have a friend who has taken up 3axis but is somewhat deaf and is having a lot of problems hearing the radio, despite having invested in a (very expensive) top end GA headset.
    He has no problem hearing his phone which is bluetoothed to his hearing aids.
    So, has anyone got any ideas which might help, know of a device which will bluetooth the audio from the radio or are, or know someone who could build such a device.
    I know two other pilots who have difficulty but cope who would jump at the idea of such a device so there must be others, not quite there yet myself but have to turn volume ( and consequently 'noise' ) up very high!
    Thanks in advance
    Andy

Thanks
    Seems to be some info around this online: http://www.deafpilots.co.uk/2012/12/using-headsets/

and elsewhere on Google: https://www.google.co.uk/webhp?sourc...duction%20loop
    "I thought you were supposed to be flying this thing, not pleasuring it."
    - Paul Gallagher

Thanks
    I'd be very interested to know whether the friend's hearing aids are actually Bluetooth paired to the phone.

...or whether the inductive loop system is being used as discussed in the links in willjonh's post. If so I'm sure I could give a few pointers.

BTW, I'm sitting here in a factory which makes inductive neck-loops!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" - G.B.S.

Thanks
    Thanks guys !
    Willjonh - will have a look - thanks for links
    Antoni - think it would be Bluetooth as my aids connect to my phone by Bluetooth - but will check his in next few days.

We are going to try a couple of different headsets and also he is going to try my Flycom helmet which will certainly cut down on the 'noise', bit OTT in a C42 though, but if it works !`

Andy

Thanks
    Has he tried switching on the telephone facility of the hearing aid (assuming it has one)? Might be enough field from the headset speaker to energise it.