Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Goddin View Post
    By the way, our chap who died last year - he was challenged by the Officers about the risk to his flying licence and apparently he told them not to worry as he never had a licence in the first place! He said that he was QBE.
    And I thought this couldn't get any worse !!! I assume he was immediately booted out of the club and reported to the CAA ???

I would have thought any Flying Club would set the most basic membership criteria for pilots such as holding a valid Licence/be legal/be safe ??? Maybe your club accepts people based on their perceived social position and wealth ???

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    And I thought this couldn't get any worse !!! I assume he was immediately booted out of the club and reported to the CAA ???

I would have thought any Flying Club would set the most basic membership criteria for pilots such as holding a valid Licence/be legal/be safe ??? Maybe your club accepts people based on their perceived social position and wealth ???
    Do you know who you are talking too ?? I will have to have a word with the officers of the club about you, you naughty boy.

One must question what his family, friends and other associates think about the way he conducts himself. Mr Freud put forward many suggestions as to why one may conduct oneself in such a self destructive manner. As has been posted previously, there is a trail of such conduct over many years resulting in numerous banning orders. It is said that insanity is to continually do the same thing over and over hoping for a different outcome. I take great comfort knowing that the total value of the group is greater than the sum of its members, but some will always be on the negative side of the equation.
    F-JRIB LF1751 Corme Ecluse

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Phil.

Richard Goddin
    Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post

We thought he was joking. It was only after he died that this was verified. Even the CAA don't have regulations about dead pilots.

Please remember we are mainly a social flying club. We don't have a permanent airfield site occupied by prowling officious know-alls and other sorts of flying instructor types. Fitting in socially is the main priority - hence the well-known no oiks etc policy. You have been a beneficiary of WFAeC so I would hope you would have a favourable view of us.

Thanks
    What a surreal and amusing thread! Please keep going chaps...
    The best argument for the status quo is a five minute conversation with Russell Brand.