Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Yaesu FTA 550 Lynx powered interface comapabilty

Anybody using this combination ? i hear good things about the Yaesu but i am not clear if this will work with the standard connectors i do have the map for the jumpers any advice appreciated
    http://www.missinglinkcables.co.uk Audio Consultants & Quality Hi Fi Equipment Sherwood Forest Nottingham

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    You will need a special adapter to connect the Yaesu to the interface. I have a spare Lynx interface set up for Yaesu that I bought as a spare but never fitted. It has a 2 pole jack and I had an adapter made which works with this and the Microavionics interface which I did use in the aircraft. I have just helped a mate do the same with his Microavionics interface and a new Yaesu. He had the adapter made up and then we set the switches in the interface to match mine and it all works ok. If you need to know how the switches are set in the Lynx interface let me know - assuming there are switches in it. I've never opened it.
    Incidentally both my interfaces will shortly be on AFORS or eBay.

Thanks
    LYNX RADIO configuration.jpg
    Hope this has loaded
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Phil.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jetlag For This Useful Post:

Thedude (04-06-17)

Thanks
    Many thanks for the info.. i was wanting to go with Yaesu
    i make adaptors up for a living and yes it has dip switches inside if you give me the info ile simply make one... the dip switch settings would be appreciated...

Regards Mark
    http://www.missinglinkcables.co.uk Audio Consultants & Quality Hi Fi Equipment Sherwood Forest Nottingham

Thanks
    ps would you like to swap your lynx yaesu interface for a Lynx standard interface ?

Thanks
    It's well within your capabilities Mark. When I bought my FTA550, it came with a car power adaptor and a GA two-socket headset adaptor. Ah, I thought, I'll keep those and buy a 4-pole 3.5mm jack from CPC and a power jack and make up my own interface leads. (As far as Lynx or Sigtronics I/Fs go, it's the same signals as an A3/A6 - phones out, mike in, ptt contact to ground - just different physical connectors.)

But having made up the leads, I found the plugs wouldn't fit without machining off part of the end to get full insertion. When I did that, I also found the connections were intermittent under vibration, so scrapped both and used the supplied connectors - just cutting off the rest of the harnesses. (The official power jack is a special with an internal spring contact for the centre pole - standard off the shelf jacks have no centre spring and rely on the earth spring contact to maintain good contact with the centre pole. Not good under vib.) I then extended to the intercom wires neatly, and with heatshrink.

Works well and is nicer than the A6 IMO, though they are both good.

Bear in mind the power input is 6.5 to 9v, instead of 11v as on an Icom. You could simply supply 12v to the car adaptor. I made up a simple linear regulator consisting of an LM7809 on a square of copper-clad, as I'm suspicious of the switching noise from those car adaptors.

Thanks
    thanks for this will be an enjoyable little distraction.. ile get the 550 ordered today.. all i need now is a quality aerial swr matched properly .. i still have a SWR meter and all should be good.. thanks all fly safe

Quote Originally Posted by Arielarts View Post
    It's well within your capabilities Mark. When I bought my FTA550, it came with a car power adaptor and a GA two-socket headset adaptor. Ah, I thought, I'll keep those and buy a 4-pole 3.5mm jack from CPC and a power jack and make up my own interface leads. (As far as Lynx or Sigtronics I/Fs go, it's the same signals as an A3/A6 - phones out, mike in, ptt contact to ground - just different physical connectors.)

But having made up the leads, I found the plugs wouldn't fit without machining off part of the end to get full insertion. When I did that, I also found the connections were intermittent under vibration, so scrapped both and used the supplied connectors - just cutting off the rest of the harnesses. (The official power jack is a special with an internal spring contact for the centre pole - standard off the shelf jacks have no centre spring and rely on the earth spring contact to maintain good contact with the centre pole. Not good under vib.) I then extended to the intercom wires neatly, and with heatshrink.

Works well and is nicer than the A6 IMO, though they are both good.

Bear in mind the power input is 6.5 to 9v, instead of 11v as on an Icom. You could simply supply 12v to the car adaptor. I made up a simple linear regulator consisting of an LM7809 on a square of copper-clad, as I'm suspicious of the switching noise from those car adaptors.

Thanks
    Hi, new on here!

just wondered if anybody could send me the Lynx dip settings to work FTA-550. The settings attached don't seem to include Yaesu at all.
    Regards
    Dave

Thanks
    Same as Type B in Jetlag's post above. As per Icom A3 and later...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Arielarts For This Useful Post:

DavidSuttonuk (14-11-17)

Thanks
    Hi, am I being too simplistic here, is it not possible to buy a Yaesu CT-91 or CT-44 adapter to connect the FTA-550 to a Lynx intercom with 2.5mm and 3.5mm connectors?

Cheers

Dave