Thanks

Heveningham Hall Fly-In July 8th & 9th 2017

AEROPLANES
    AIRFIELD BEYOND THE WALLED GARDEN
    Up to 110 light aeroplanes will be landing and taking off from a grass runway at the rear of Heveningham Hall each day.
    If you’d like to fly in, please email Flying Director John Hill at john.david.hill@btinternet.com or call on 07796878052.

http://www.countryfair.co.uk/#/events-and-attractions

Thanks
    Here's an aerial view of a previous event, it's a great day out.

Thanks
    This look like just the sort of event that the BMAA should publicise and support. If a whole bunch of us flew in in microlights we could expose the public to our world. Most don't know about us or how cheaply they could get into flying. We only have to explain it to the public in order to boost our numbers and become a force to reckon with.

I am attending a competition at Plaistows at the weekend. We normally finish at midday Sunday. It might be possible for some of us to come Sunday afternoon for a quick visit. Is that feasible? Ideally we could have put on a display of spot landings but a bit late now to organise things I guess.

I will circulate the details of the event to the other competitors. In the mentime any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
    Looking at the aerial photo, the main ‘Country Fair’ activities are in between the Hall and the lake, most people arrive by road, park their cars and head towards this area.

The strip, which is specially prepared (and only exists) for this annual event, attracts plenty of aviators but the parked aircraft are fenced off from the general public and are not ‘on display’ as such.

Last year, the helicopter school from Beccles parked a R44 type down near the lake as a static display, and were promoting trial flights and lessons, it was certainly generating plenty of interest, even at £350/hour!
    I’m sure a similar static display could be organised for next year by an enthusiastic council member?
    Perhaps in conjunction with the local microlight schools at Beccles and Northrepps.

If you are thinking of attending, PPR is essential as there are organised flying displays at various times on both days, last year they had a couple of spitfires, and a couple of years ago the blades performed.

Thanks
    Thanks for that Johnny. That sounds like a good idea for next year but I at least would like to drop in Sunday afternoon so I will PPR.