Thanks

LAA Rally / Fly-in this weekend 1/2/3 sept Sywell

As a reminder when arriving:-
    Follow the arrivals procedures….
    Listen to ATC on 122.700 and no calls until you are on finals.. then aircraft registration, aircraft type and runway hard or grass

Thanks
    Want to fly in Sunday lunchtime, will it still be worth a visit or will it be winding down by then?

Bit confused about the RA(T) around Sywell this weekend. Says I can't go in it without Sywell's permission, but the post above says no calls until final?

Thanks
    You'll probably be defeated sunday due to the rain coming in from the west, Sywell is running on a booking slot system via their website and your registration call on final will verify your booking.
    They're trying to minimise radio calls due to the high number of expected visitors hence only calling on final.
    Last edited by Dave Morton; 01-09-17 at 21:22 PM.

Thanks
    Over 500 aircraft in attendance on Saturday ranging from Evans VP1 volksplane to a jet provost. Great weather with a large number of visitors by car. A cracking event that has boosted the enthusiasm to get on with the build.

Thanks
    I'm driving up tomorrow to have a look at the trade stands and see if I can get some bits for my Minimax.

Thanks
    Well, I went up there, but not many others did, particularly those in aeroplanes! There were virtually no aircraft airside (around 30 - 40 or so) and those that were there were the normal 3 axis brigade with a few notable exceptions (The Yak, the 2 Moths, and the Aeronca with a Verner radial, but that was about it) but they were very few and far between. I think there were almost more aircraft in amongst the stands, both outside and in the marquees. I did meet up with some people I knew, such as Dave Broom and his dad, and Mark Jones, and I had some interesting conversations with them and with the Poly Fiber blokes about different covering materials and compatibility, etc. Anyway, I went there primarily to get some bits for the Minimax, and I succeeded in getting some of what I wanted, though not all. Never mind, Popham's only half a year away, and I'm sure I can manage till then.