Thanks

Post Flexwing Training

Hello

I am looking for some advice...

I was previously learning flexwing at Long Marston with Simon Baker around 6 years ago, unfortunately had to stop due to moving house and work commitments. I'm based in Coventry and looking to start flying again. With the closure of Long Marston looming I'm not sure there is much training activity at Long Marston anymore, just wondered if anyone can recommend any flexwing flying schools in the Midlands?

I've noticed there's a couple of schools, one in Leicester and other in Lichfield. Is anybody aware of any others, trying to get as close to home as possible really.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks
    Steve,

C10 airsports in Deenthorpe is further away nearer Corby but he (Simon James) is a good instructor and his prices are as good as it gets.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
    Steve,

C10 airsports in Deenthorpe is further away nearer Corby but he (Simon James) is a good instructor and his prices are as good as it gets.
    Thanks very much for your reply. I will be booking a lesson. Prices look excellent! Do you fly at Deenthorpe ?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJ19 View Post
    Thanks very much for your reply. I will be booking a lesson. Prices look excellent! Do you fly at Deenthorpe ?
    I did my training with him 20 years ago at Deenthorpe but I live abroad at the moment. Haven't seen him since and there are plans to turn Deenthorpe into some sort of garden village so he may be moving somewhere else as there are lots of NIMBY's hanging around that area right now. Its an ex USAF B17 bomber base with a massive runway. Please let me know how it goes!

Thanks
    I will let you know how it goes. Sounds similar to Long Marston - ex RAF base which is in the process of closing due to development.

Thanks
    Tagging on to this, but in reverse. I was talking to a chap today who's interested in buying our AX3 (https://afors.com/aircraftView/40788) but he needs a 3-axis instructor who'd be willing and able to train him up in it. The guy's a fairly experienced pilot in a wide range of machines - he's a lapsed PPL(H) and has flown powered parachute, so he's not a complete newby. He lives near Doncaster which seems from quick research via BMAA clubs&schools list to be a predominantly flexwing area. His nearest school is at Headon but that seems purely flexwing.

Anybody from up that way care to suggest someone I could point him to?

Back to just bimbling

Thanks
    Headon is not just flexwing. I know that the CFI Martin of http://www.microflight.co.uk/ has taught 3-axis because I was his dummy student when he first started (if the cap fits wear it). Headon Notts is not that far from Donny.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" - G.B.S.

Thanks
    I did both my flex and fixed wing with Martin and would definately recommend him.

Thanks
    Dave - Pm sent

Back to just bimbling