Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks

Yaesy FTA-750L Help

Hi Guy
    I am looking for some advice . I am new to all this aviation stuff and having just bought my first plane i decided i would upgrade the Icom ic-A3 hand set to a new 8.33 Yaesu FTA-750L. Now the trouble i have is now connecting to the installed interface on the plane .AS you all know the Icom Has 2 pins and the Yaesu has 1. I have no idea as to the make of interface so i can rewire it as there is no name on it and a search on the net using the numbers on the 8 pin plug do not help. If anyone can tell me what number or wire colour is used for on this Din plug for eah use then i can make a new usable cable up. The Numbers are.95GA-A23

Thanks
    Martin
    Last edited by x-fighter; 27-11-17 at 16:48 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by x-fighter View Post
    I have no idea as to the make of interface so i can rewire it as there is no name on it and a search on the net using the numbers on the 5 pin plug do not help. If anyone can tell me what number or wire colour is used for on this Din plug for eah use then i can make a new usable cable up. The Numbers are.95GA-A23
    Pictures might help?
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"

Thanks
    Hi
    There is nothing to show as its just a small rectangle black box 3" long 2" deep and 1" wide behind the instrument panel with power cable going in one end and the 8 pin round socket on the other supplying the PT, Microphone and headphones . and as i said the only id is the numbers on the socket.

Martin

Thanks
    What? So how does it currently connect to the radio?
    Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies

Thanks
    Hi
    It plugs in as all handhelds do .As its an icom it is a 2 pinned plug which i need to change to a Yaesu this is why i need a drawing of what each wire does and there colours so i can then splice the new end on.

Thanks
    This is why photos are needed. You described a box with only a power cable and an 8 pin socket. Nowhere in your description was there a two pinned plug ...
    Open up the box and take some piccies of the innards and *maybe* someone will be able to help. Currently we are working (almost) blind.
    Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies

Thanks
    The * pin socket has the wires coming from it to the PT switch and the 2 pin plug that run the headphones and Mic. I will take the box apart when next up at the field.

Thanks
    the adapter socket is available from Yaesu if you dont feel confident making one
    fly high fly safe and may you always have the wind at your back
    (except when taking off or landing according to Phil )

Thanks
    Hi
    Thanks Russ and woody thats exactly what i need save me re-wiring the whole system. Many thanks.

Martin

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ_H View Post
    I faced the same problem some years ago with a different yaesu Radio and made a twin socket to single pin adaptor, I assume Yaesu still use the same plug, if it is of use to you, you can
    have it, see below.Attachment 14435
    Hi Russ
    This adapter you made did the onboard PT switch still work as having bought the CT-44 adapter i find it is wired wrong and the onboard PT switch no longer functions

Martin