Blog Entries
    Thanks

Does anyone have experience of FLY365 in Lagos?

After a long period of frustration with the British weather, I am looking at the possibility of completing my training (GST, exams and a few hours solo) with Malcolm at FLY365 in Lagos, Portugal.

The internet has not provided a wealth of reviews. Does anyone here have personal experience of the operation in Lagos or of FLY365 generally?
    G-BZNP Still not dead

F-UK FLYER
    Peter,
    Malcolm has taken over the running of Algarve Airsports Centre. A few years ago after Gerry had unfortunately suffered a heart attack Gerry decided to start taking life a bit easier so he has given Malcolm Fly 365 the site to operate from etc,etc. ( not sure of financials so can't comment on that part )

The standards during Gerry's tenure were extremely high & I believe that seeing as Malcolm has over the past 10 years worked as both instructor and examiner for the Algarve Airsports Centre his standards would be as high as Gerry's were.

I am sure you will enjoy your visit/training in the Lagos area as it is a beautiful vista further enhanced by seeing it from a few thousand feet ( spent a lot of time flying in Portugal )

Enjoy

Thanks
    Hi.
    Iím currently on my second week with fly 365, first week was in mid Jan. I can thoroughly recommend Fly 365. Malcolm doesnít take prisoners and will let you know when you are doing things wrong. 2 to 3 hours a day is achievable. Weather is fairly constant. Bit lively in the middle of the day. Morning and evening flights are great for low airtime pilots. Went solo on my 12th hour of instruction today. Malcolm is now upping the pressure, I feel, and being much more specific in his expectations. As he says, he is turning me into a pilot rather than a passenger. Again I canít fault the guys out here. Just do it. UK weather is like an anchor on progression.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I am booked in with Malcolm for a week in March.

Jose (whitters), are you employed by or otherwise associated with FLY365?
    G-BZNP Still not dead

Thanks
    Iím a Paramedic living in Cornwall and have no association with Fly365. Never met Malcolm before arriving here for my training. My first week was with Rob McKelland and Malcolm. This week itís just Malcolm.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Whitters For This Useful Post:

Randombloke (19-02-18)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Update: The weather in March didn't want to play nicely, so my trip to Portugal was postponed until May.
    My experience was this:
    I flew for just over 10 hours in 5 days, the last hour being the GST. I was with Malcolm for all flights, an hour or so ground school (navigation revision) and exams for Aircraft Technical, Navigation and Meteorology.
    Malcolm is an ex-military man and his training technique reflects this. Training is high pressure and achieves results quickly. This method is efficient but not suitable for everyone.

I stayed at a pleasant apartment rented from Chris Freer, who is a very interesting gentleman and a friend of Malcolm. The apartment overlooks the airfield from approx 1km away.

I came away with all exams and the GST passed, so the objective was achieved.
    G-BZNP Still not dead

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Congratulations and very well done. Delighted for you Peter. Enjoy the Summer flying as a qualified Microlight Pilot and safe flying.

Damien
    Pilots are just Plane people with a special Air about them.

G-BZJO Quantum 503 Flexwing only Jockey now.

Thanks
    Star man Peter,well done.......
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thank you gents and I'll see you at an airfield somewhere, someday.
    G-BZNP Still not dead