Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    I'm looking into the Kev Armstrong mod but it's for a Cyclone, not a Laser. It's not for putting the wing up on the A-frame but for taking it off the trike.

Otherwise you can use something under the end of the keel to lift it about 30 to 60cm off the ground, but it's worth asking John Penry-Evans at Ace what the options are, he's always keen to improve his aircraft.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"

Thanks
    Thought Kev Armstrong's mod was for a Cyclone?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbaldyman View Post
    Thought Kev Armstrong's mod was for a Cyclone?
    That's what I said.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"

Thanks
    'old man reading' - also re read the starter post and now more understand micro-fliers issue.

I too flew hang gliders that required to be built and put away at the start and end of flying and appreciate the one man 'pull up ' of the wing onto the uprights; easy on a hang glider with 'long tail stinger' more difficult on a trike.

I did own a magic laser and did not have a problem solo rigging but could have propped the wing up on its tail and pulled the A frame forward (memory fuzzy on that point).

Three ways I can think of:-
    1. Fit a long tail stinger.
    1. Nose into wind lift and let wind lift the wing while you pull forward on the front cables.
    2. From rear lock the base bar position on the ground and pull the tail keel rearwards - high degree of strength required and fraught with hazard in windy conditions

My own experience is that even when going flying alone there is always someone around who can assist.

Perhaps you should direct the question to the manufacturers (where they advertise solo rigging)?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oldbaldyman View Post
    'old man reading' - also re read the starter post and now more understand micro-fliers issue.

I too flew hang gliders that required to be built and put away at the start and end of flying and appreciate the one man 'pull up ' of the wing onto the uprights; easy on a hang glider with 'long tail stinger' more difficult on a trike.

I did own a magic laser and did not have a problem solo rigging but could have propped the wing up on its tail and pulled the A frame forward (memory fuzzy on that point).

1. Nose into wind lift and let wind lift the wing while you pull forward on the front cables.
    2. From rear lock the base bar position on the ground and pull the tail keel rearwards - high degree of strength required and fraught with hazard in windy conditions

My own experience is that even when going flying alone there is always someone around who can assist.

Perhaps you should direct the question to the manufacturers (where they advertise solo rigging)?
    Thanks very much, yep they all sound like good ideas. I'll be seeking help at least to start with!

Thanks
    [QUOTE=oldbaldyman;123490]'old man reading' - also re read the starter post and now more understand micro-fliers issue.

I've always used method 2 when solo rigging my cyclone which should be very similar to the laser (same control frame and front and rear rigging). Never had to do it solo in high wind.