just finished testing out 5 different antennas supplied on free loan by http://www.love2fly.co.uk
1. standard base loaded pod mounted antenna,as fitted standard to P+M trikes gt450/quik/quikR/quantum 3 out of 5
2.pod mounted 57mm streight thin stainless wire antenna 3 out of 5
3. top of wing mounted di-pole 1/4 wave manufacturer microavionics.... 4/5
4.rubber duck as fitted to the icom a3 radio...........crap 1/5 on a good day.
5. vee rabbit antenna( with fitting kit as modified by love2fly) 6/5 better than 5/5 i can tell you
tests were done icom a3e to icom a6e both transmitting .86 watt with a swar on equipment of less than 1.9......tests done at 7 miles one on ground other in line of sight at 850ft. a.g.l.
6. fell to bits when took it out of bag.......new one on it's way
second test done on icom a3e at 25 miles 850ft. a.g.l. to doncaster international....
4. just useless
5. doncaster said they could hear me 5/5
more testing results after the next weekend !
thanks to http://www.love2fly.co.uk for supplying the antennas....take a look at their site they discount ozze linx etc.