Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I came here full of hope...

As a relatively new member, I joined up here hoping for a busy forum full of people who loved microlighting, who could help answer questions and in time I could help too. A friendly bit of banter and a feeling that I had microlight pals across the country.

But every thread was about the trolls. It was inescapable. So I stopped visiting regularly and now maybe have a look once a month. It's a real shame because you can see that there used to be loads of life here. I genuinely think microlighting has suffered as a result. ☹️

Thanks
    It would seem that the little microbes have all but killed the beast, that is along with insurance ads, essay ads and goodness only knows what other drivel, like you, I look in time to time.
    F-JRIB LF1751 Corme Ecluse

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Phil.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RichJordan View Post
    I came here full of hope...

As a relatively new member, I joined up here hoping for a busy forum full of people who loved microlighting, who could help answer questions and in time I could help too. A friendly bit of banter and a feeling that I had microlight pals across the country.

But every thread was about the trolls. It was inescapable. So I stopped visiting regularly and now maybe have a look once a month. It's a real shame because you can see that there used to be loads of life here. I genuinely think microlighting has suffered as a result. ☹️
    Same here Rich! Came here with enthusiasm to learn from people with much more experience than me and within a week I was accused of being Kelsey and a long list of other people who i'd never heard of. Needless to say I lost interest but pop back now and then. Quite honestly I believe there is an element here who actualy like to take up the position of 'troll police' and seem to thrive in falling for the bait and then kicking back and causing all manner of drama instead of just laughing it off.

BTW - I've still not used your comms adapter even though i had it modified for a different headset.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Muttley For This Useful Post:

Frank M
    Being a very infrequent visitor to this fora I find it incredulous that so many fora members are accused of being trolls or are regarded as the trolls.

This only serves to make the trolls chuckle away to themselves, if you don't pander to their whims they lose the battle, by constantly bringing them up at every opportunity you are actually helping them win the battle.

I was told that the two main trolls have planned their strategy in the past and every mention of them only enhances their wins.

Something else I noted on reading this thread is that those from France are apparently grumpy? I thought I read somewhere that the grass was a lot greener in France?

I was thinking of relocating to France until I read that french flyers are grumps.

I hate to say Britain is stuck with me for the foreseeable.

Frank M.

Thanks
    3 posts? hmmm... we don't believe you Frank M. Try building up a bit of credibility first before coming out with such unsubstantiated nonsense.

Thanks
    If you refer to me I would be grateful if you address me by my full title "grumpy OLD git"

Reference the trolls, of you mentioned, I have in the past been guilty as charged .... sorry. I am trying hard to mend my ways.

But, as most of us do, we judge/value things on sight, an iceberg is much bigger than one sees and so it is with one of the trolls who's personal lies and attacks on myself, my family and interests is unknown to you. Or maybe you do know. This is now being addressed by other means.

As for staying in the UK ... maybe that is wise, the grass is greener but it needs cutting more often
    F-JRIB LF1751 Corme Ecluse

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Phil.

Frank M
    The post from Roger is a perfect example of why this fora isn't used by many. I seem to have little credibility based on me only having posted 3 times.

Perhaps the hostility shown by many on here is the reason I post so little. I have no reason to engage with anyone acting hostile towards others.

I look in to check if there is anything worth reading. Mostly it is tittle tattle so I don't log in to comment.

Frank M

Thanks
    What absolute cobblers. You have posted a couple of posts and then come on here with a load of unsubstantiated and unadulterated piffle that insults other established members and then expect to be treated with respect? Who do you think your are?

Methinks you are here just to cause trouble as your follow-up seems to suggest.

My opinion for what it's worth is that the forum is better the longer people like you do stay off it.

Post something useful and informative and then the reception might be a bit different. Should I hold my breath waiting?

By the way, your 'comments' would carry a bit more weight if you had the gonads to post under your real name.

And also check out the number of 'Thanks' a member has - it's only rough and ready but it's the only indicator we have of a member's 'hostility' level. You might be quaified to start spouting off when you've notched up a few.

Silly boy.
    Last edited by Roger Mole; 11-06-18 at 13:42 PM.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mole View Post
    What absolute cobblers. .....

And also check out the number of 'Thanks' a member has ....
    That only works when it's someone else who's thanking you.

Please don't feed t
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" - G.B.S.

Thanks

Fol-de-rol...

At the risk of being troll food...

At least none of our trolls are as bad as this:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ngham-44438468

Our
    trolls are just childish and irritating. Their game is just to make some of us over-sensitive to innocent newcomers who don't immediately fit in (by themselves posing as innocent newcomers who...).

I suppose that's the price of trying to be an open community; even the big boys' flying forums have them.

Joan

Back to just bimbling in the TST.

No longer instructing - just pontificating..
    and now a Tai Chi instructor