• Always Weightshift

7 33.33%
  • Always 3-Axis

8 38.10%
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

What do you fly?

Hi all,

This is just for fun. I was thinking recently whilst flying how much I enjoy Weightshift flying and was thinking I was maybe in the minority, in that I converted from 3-Axis to Weightshifts. It seems the other way around where some people start off in Weightshifts but convert to 3-Axis, due to weather etc. So I was just wondering what you Guys and Gals fly.

I started out by training in a Thruster T600N. Then bought an X-Air 582. A year later bought a Skyranger 912s which I loved and owned for 5 years. However when Boy No.1 arrived my hours dropped a lot. I converted to Weightshift just for fun, and for a while owned the Skyranger and a Pegasus XL462. This was perfect, Pegasus XL for bimbling and Skyranger for touring. However over time I preferred flying the XL to flying the Skyranger and was enjoying Weightshift flying so much more. Boy No.2 arrived, yearly hours logged fell off a cliff. So sold the Skyranger and kept the XL. 2 years later I had the opportunity to sell my lovely Pegasus XL 462 and I bought a Quantum 503. I am really enjoying the Quantum and my hours are coming back up as the boys get bigger. Logged about 35 hours last year and hoping to log 50-60 hours this year.

Cheers,

Damien
    Last edited by damienair; 15-05-18 at 19:01 PM.
    Pilots are just Plane people with a special Air about them.

G-BZJO Quantum 503 Flexwing only Jockey now.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I've ticked the 'always 3 axis' box, although I flew a paramotor for 5 years before I started this microlight behaviour.
    G-BZNP Still not dead

Thanks
    Paramotor for 5 years.......you deserve the "balls of steel" award even before you start !
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting

Thanks
    An old RAD Arrow Paramotor and Ikarus C42. I can't wait to get the conversion done later this year so I can fly my Pegasus Q occasionally too.

Thanks
    Damienair,

I started training in a Quantum in 1999. Bought my first plane (Panther XLS) in 2000. Kept running out of money, so it took me till April 2005 to get my licence. Since then flew a Q from 2007 till 2016. Bought a Raven and used the wing from it on the trike from the original Panther (which by then had been converted to a 462 powered XL) to do FlyUK in 2016. Unfortunately, due to high winds and extreme turbulence when I was in Scotland, I had to retire and try to fly home. However the electrics packed up on the 462 at Fishburn. So I trailered the plane home. After that my shoulders hurt so much from the battering they took that I decided to move to the 'Dark Side' and collect my pipe and slippers conversion. Since then I've flown a Minimax, and I've now also acquired a Spectrum that I'm restoring.