Thanks

Now, where did I once see that?

I'm certain that I saw somewhere in the last couple of years or so, a slight relaxation of the rules for being able to carry a passenger whilst outside the 3 landings in 90 days without the passenger having an Instructor rating. Scenario; pilot, NPPL with microlight rating but hasn't flown his 3 in 90. (It's been a muddy airstrip over a very long Winter!)

As I recall, this was permissible if the passenger was another pilot with their NPPL licence with valid microlight rating, within the validation period and is up-to-date with their own 3 in 90.

Can anyone be kind enough to point me towards an official document that outlines the above please?

Thanks
    Just had a quick read 2 weeks ago but canít find it, however I have fallen fowl of this rule twice in the last year,
    then came the question.....is a "touch & go" a landing and a take off ?
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting

Thanks
    Good question Andy! I suppose it's one of each following a successful take off! Thanks for looking though.

Thanks
    I ran out of patience looking for the law on this, but I have no recollection of it mentioning 'full stop landings'. Irv Lee (one of the good guys in GA) gives his take [here] at question 26. In short he says touch and go counts as a landing and a take-off for the 90-day rule.

Back to just bimbling

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MadamBreakneck For This Useful Post:

Aerial (26-05-18), andy dixon (26-05-18)

Thanks
    Martin
    BMAA 5370
    Fixed wing instruction, examinations and revalidations in Norfolk.

Thanks
    Martin, thank you very much. It will indeed Sir, just what I was looking for! I'm very grateful.