Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi

Thanks
    me to .hopefully it will last a bit longer thanks scottbridge

Thanks
    Hi Mick, it's nice to read of someone else following my footsteps at Ha'penny Green! I can tell you that the School you are with is very good. I was getting into a rut as I approached the minimum hours for a licence but recognised that I just wasn't good enough. This changed my attitude and I flew in a more relaxed frame of mind and enjoyed the learning even more, getting far more from it. I was given lots of classroom work which grounded me in the various subjects, sufficient to do further reading which helped enormously with the theoretical exams.
    So, however long it takes, keep going regularly and relax, you will enjoy the experiences! Best of luck and let us know how you are getting on from time to time.

Thanks
    thanks for the advice aerial.yes it is a very good school .and its a lot of fun as you.learn .just starting to revise for the exams .air law first .whats your view on ground school.can you do the exams without it or is it better with it .

Thanks
    I found these mocks on this site helped me with my exams tho there were a couple of incorrect answers on Em but if you spot Em it only gives confidence,on the whole they were good tho.

http://www.totheclouds.co.uk/airfiel...ht/profile.php

Thanks
    Hi Mick, take everything that is offered is my best advice. You might ask Steve if he has other students taking tuition outside the brief and de-brief phases of their flying lessions and ask if you can join in. If you haven't got the NPPL Microlight Syllabus, have a look here: http://www.nationalprivatepilotslice...w/Syllabus.htm

This not only has the flying skills standards but has the content of the theoretical knowledge that you will need. Don't rush at the theory because you'll find that aspects of one subject directly relate to another and as your flying progresses, you'll understand how they all work together. Different people have said here that a particular subject is hard to learn and others have said not so. It will depend on your life experiences in part and your ability to absorb the subjects and understand them.

You will almost certainly have to learn Air Law and pass the exam before your first solo. Air Law is, to most folk, the 'driest' subject of all but a necessary grind. The principles of all the other subjects are pretty much cast in stone and unlikely to change but Air Law isn't!

Thanks
    Using the syllabus as a reference is good. I always suggested (but never insisted) that my students print it out (or buy a print copy) and mark each line of the syllabus to indicate a) do they think they know what the topic is about b) do they think they've understood the topic and c) do they think they could answer questions on the topic without looking up the answers. They don't need to work towards 100% c, but working that way does give a guide of where study is, how to put it?, advantageous. That method also enables you to come up with questions to ask your instructor if you haven't understood the textbook explanation.

The best short how-to-study guide I've come across (ie how to study, not the subject matter) is this paper by Leia Fee who used to post on the forums but seems to have gone quiet.

Back to just bimbling

Thanks
    thank you very much for all the advice and links .it is interesting what you pick up from other people's experiences.

Thanks
    Hi Mick h. Don't worry about that.....I am 67 and starting out again. Did a bit earlier on but for the exact reasons you gave had to give it all up. Enjoy it mate, I am!! and good luck with the Take Offs and Landings.
    Terry

Thanks
    Hi Damien. What a pity your further north.....was over in Kilkenny 2 weeks ago for a week and will be over there again end of Sept.......your not flying down my way??? only joking!!

Thanks
    Hi Joan,
    Martin gave me a copy by ''Leia Fee''. Changed my outlook on training, more relaxed and.....''It'll come''.......sort of attitude. Its only 7/8 pages long but good reading.
    Terry