Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spod View Post
    Martin Watson, if it were in a pub or shop I would ponder the same thing, get the jumped up snot rag fired.
    How would you feel if I came up to you and gave you a verbal bashing for something you hadnít done, would you accept it and move on.
    Just saying.
    Contemplating trying to get someone to lose their job for a bit of a telling off.... seems a little harsh.
    A possible reason was put forward by the deputy manager as to why the verbal may have occured, accept it but always with a sarcastic smile and your returning to the airfield is compulsory

Thanks
    i think I would have shook him warmly by the throat to be honest (figuratively speaking of course..,). I detest rude, pompous people and am firmly NOT of the "move on and get on with life" mindset, though I honestly wish I was.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by spod View Post
    Last week I flew into an Essex aerodrome and recieved a very unwelcome and unnecessary dressing down by a GA flying instructor.
    My colleague and I recieved an apology from the deputy aerodrome manager who cited circumstances as to why his instructor was a little wired that day...
    True, a dressing down is never pleasant to receive (not all that much fun to give either, usually).

So, what perceived misdemeanour did the instructor chew you out about - he presumably explained that at some point in his speech? I presume too that you don't agree with said instructor that what you did or didn't do was wrong, so you won't mind telling us what he was miffed about.

You received an apology on behalf of the airfield so someone there agreed the instructor was out of order, but understandable in the circumstances whatever they were.

Unless you tell us more, I'm afraid my initial thought is that you should accept the apology in good grace and go away and ponder on what it was that triggered the instructor's outburst.

... and yes, some Essex GA schools are rather ... (unladylike language suppressed). Are you prepared to tell us which one it was?

Back to just bimbling

Thanks
    MadamBreakneck.
    My question was a simple one and since my flying on that day was deemed questionable by this instructor but not by my friend and pilot in p2 or by the deputy airfield manager I see no reason to have it pulled apart on here.
    Two things for you though.
    This instructor had had a bad day and in fact a bad week as was told to us by the deputy manager.
    Also this instructor had put a student pilot into the circuit on his first solo who was a little unprepared for microlights being somewhat slower.
    I was nothing but a punchbag used to vent someoneís frustration.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to spod For This Useful Post:

MadamBreakneck (04-10-18)

Thanks
    Thanks for that reply, spod,
    Yes, instructors do feel a little, er, apprehensive when watching a first solo flying the circuit and if an unfamiliar situation arises then the instructor's nerves can be somewhat on edge. All's well that ends well though and a dressing down was out of order. It's a pity you didn't (I presume) get the chance to congratulate the new pilot on their first solo.

In answer to your question, I hope you find it in yourself to cut the instructor a little slack on this occasion.

Joan

(formerly CFI Saxon Microlights at North Weald, Essex)

Back to just bimbling

Thanks
    Hi madam breakneck.
    I wouldíve wished the student pilot all the very best but unfortunately he was being cajoled into filling out an airprox, as threatened against me by the instructor.
    I know an airprox is not a punishment but the way the instructor threw it at me seemed threatening.
    Iím the kind of person who will accept an apology but I cannot tolerate ignorance or arrogance.
    I will ring the airfield tomorrow and have a chat with the manager or CFI and I have written a letter of formal complaint which so far iíve held back on posting, thatís his slack BUT, if he approaches me in that manor again I will go to the CAA.
    Maybe he needs a holiday if he is that stressed or maybe he made a bad judgement on letting the student go solo, either way it was not my problem and I didnít deserve his attitude.

Thanks
    Spod
    Has the airprox actually been sent in? Do you know? If it has then I'd suggest you'd be best served by keeping your own council for now.
    Make sure of your facts and keep secure any evidence you have like gps track logs so you can submit them to the board when ask for them.
    Martin
    BMAA 5370
    Fixed wing instruction, examinations and revalidations in Norfolk.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Martin Watson For This Useful Post:

Gentreau (05-10-18)

Thanks
    Please let us know which airfield this was ......... get every microlight within 30 mins range to fly in

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Please let us know which airfield this was ......... get every microlight within 30 mins range to fly in
    That would be fun, but probably also a good way to get microlights properly banned from the airfield. Why punish a whole airfield for the behaviour of one of its users?

I hope spod is able to report a positive outcome to his intended contact today with airfield or school management.

Back to just bimbling

Thanks
    Just to report that I am happy with the outcome of a conversation I had recently with the CFI at the airfield.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to spod For This Useful Post:

Randombloke (10-10-18)