Thanks

Get out in the cold

1hr 45mins 2C @ 90% humidity, landed without much feeling in my feet and hands and snot running freely from my nose. A bloody good morning all round

F-JRIB
    Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Phil.

Thanks
    Hi Phil, nice vid, enjoyed that. Is it F-JRIB or F-RJIB

Is that a new trike? Are you building a small fleet like me? I'm looking to sell two of mine in the spring leaving just the Savannah.

Hoping to get up your way at last this year. There's a new Charente recruit also named Roger who I've been in contact with and met via my blog who moved over just before Christmas, still working but about to retire. His Shadow is currently in Ireland and he's looking to fly it down in the spring. I'm hoping to fly to the UK again also in the spring and we're thinking about doing the flight across together if we can get the timing right. With a bit of luck we'll all be able to get together for a few sherbets maybe.

Roger

Thanks
    Hi Roger. F-JRIB, oops I goofed there, well spotted but it's the same weightshift 82 HR. The video is just a few clipping of me playing around the airfield after a flight of 1h45mins. No-one else around so took advantage of the chance doing sharp turns, short "S" to drop height and generally be a bit of a rebel. Where is Roger going to be based it will be great if you can get over this year, if not, then I'll just have to fly down to you.
    F-JRIB

Phil.

Thanks
    good vid mate ,i got up yesterday as well but up north uk was a bit claggy shall we say with 600 foot cloud base so i also stayed around the strip and did some engine failures etc ..

ignore date stamp on vid its obviously wrong ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Aily_pSf9A

ps your flexwing is great ,i would have one of those in a heart beat . what performance do you get with the 582 blue top and LPH etc . cheers dave ...
    The more people I meet the more I love my cat..

Thanks
    Phil, I've just checked and although he said 'Charente' I'd put him more Limousin. At the moment he's arranged provisionally to keep the Shadow at St Junien which is NW of Limoges mainly I think because he was introduced to the club there who said they'd get him signed off with his Brevet but he's suggested that St Maurice (north west of St Junien) is closer to his house although to me it's still not Charente. Anyway it's still within a 1 hour triangle for me including your field in the Savannah so I'll be making the trip this year in any case all being well.

Just watched your vid Dave, very nice quality is it a GoPro? I have those cheap Chinese copies and unless I aim them very carefully taking in at least half of the prop I get big problems with picture interference. May have to start saving my pennies up I think.
    Last edited by Roger Mole; 12-01-19 at 21:50 PM.

Thanks
    thanks roger, my camera is off ebay i have 2 one on the bar one on the wing as you've seen. i went for the 4k version and set them to 1080 at 60fps about 30 ish quid each ,there are cheaper ones on there but they are pants in my experience anyway . i think its a bit of a lottery with them tbh.

my mates go pro only lasts 45mins from full charge where as mine last about an hour and a quarter..

this looks similar to mine tho im not endorsing it ..
    Last edited by kawasakiinit; 12-01-19 at 22:39 PM.

Thanks
    Hi Roger St Maurice is about 190km from me so about 2 hours, it would be great to meet up there, or where ever, we will have to arrange something for sure. The cameras (3) I use are the WIMIUS range off Amazon around 40-50 euros each. Being a Yorkshire man, and not creating professional videos, I find it hard to fork out for the fancy jobs.

Dave great video, weather like this is a god send really for me, normally I'm up and off but this forces me to stay local and like you, I begin to practice practice and practice again, stalls, tight turns, engine outs and just sometime playing silly beggers pushing my personal envelope that little bit further. I thought I was a reasonable pilot until I met up with the Franglais Brits and French at Banadets last year .... I have work to do.

Thank you for the compliments of my flex, she is my second love, first when the wife can't see my postings. She is an Air Creation GTE TREK 582 with IXESS 15 wing. The wing is rather heavy in roll, but after 200 hours in her I'm used to it now. In level flight at 4800-5000 rpm she uses 13-14 Lh pre mix.

Phil
    F-JRIB

Phil.

Thanks
    good stuff Phil thats not bad for a 582 ,whats the hands off air speed at cruise and climb rate one up on an average day ?.

cheers mate .

Thanks
    Hands off is between 80-95kph (ish) not sure of climb rate never really timed it, I will have a go at it on the next clear day.
    F-JRIB

Phil.

Thanks
    cool thanks mate