Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Haha! Woohooo! Yyyyaaaaayyyyy! Congratulations Ben! Thatís put a big smile on my face, and Iím sure it has on yours too! Enjoy it... it wonít shift for weeks yet . So thatís the beginning of a love affair, right there... the ĎGod I love flyingí comment made me chuckle... And Davidís commentaries on the landings were great! A bit more practise and some further afield assignments, and soon weíll be welcoming you to the Captains Club... well done!

Thanks
    Hahaha what a great reply! Thanks mate!! Lots more to come yet, but i certainly am still smiling! Thanks again...looking forward to captains club..!

Thanks
    Many congratulations, Ben! Brilliant, well done!

Thanks
    Well done - congratulated you on the Video Competition thread too

Doing your own private "hold off, hold off, hold off" - it worked too... and that's a good demo of what lookout should look like on video.

Well handled, too, with the helicopter traffic joining you in the circuit; glad to see the 'student' call-sign got a helpful response from them (that's what it's there for). I was privately cursing them for pushing in on you until they backed off.

Finally, don't listen to the others with their "Captains Lounge" stuff: you were captain today

Back to just bimbling in the TST.

No longer instructing - just pontificating.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerial View Post
    Many congratulations, Ben! Brilliant, well done!
    Cheers! Hereís to more happy landings ha!

Quote Originally Posted by MadamBreakneck View Post
    Well done - congratulated you on the Video Competition thread too

Doing your own private "hold off, hold off, hold off" - it worked too... and that's a good demo of what lookout should look like on video.

Well handled, too, with the helicopter traffic joining you in the circuit; glad to see the 'student' call-sign got a helpful response from them (that's what it's there for). I was privately cursing them for pushing in on you until they backed off.

Finally, don't listen to the others with their "Captains Lounge" stuff: you were captain today
    Thank you, I really appreciate another detailed reply! Thanks for following the journey. The hold off did work didnít it! Perfect conditions too, I canít take all the credit!
    I was conscious I didnít reply to the rotary traffic, but actually I was concentrating on the landing, i guess! I look forward to any lounge if Iím honest, Captain or first officer ha!

Onwards, upwards...and back down again!

Thanks
    Well done I think that's your best video yet too. I couldn't actually see the helicopters on it though and I was thinking as you turned crosswind "I hope he's going to look for that helicopter" about half a second before you did just that.

Quote Originally Posted by BenAtkinsonUK View Post
    I was conscious I didnít reply to the rotary traffic, but actually I was concentrating on the landing, i guess!
    Aviate, Navigate, Communicate. In that order. It's no use being polite and acknowledging someone's radio call if it distracts you from flying the aircraft

Thanks
    Well done Ben!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAtkinsonUK View Post
    ... I was conscious I didn’t reply to the rotary traffic, but actually I was concentrating on the landing, i guess!...
    Fear not, the day will come when you can return the favour to some other First Solo who you happen to meet in the circuit. They'll be glad to hear you are staying out of their way but will be unlikely to reply either... and maybe you'll have a little smile at the memory of yours.

Back to just bimbling in the TST.

No longer instructing - just pontificating.

Thanks
    Thanks so much for the kind comments on my first solo video!

Here's my second....

Thanks
    Yet another fun one, on what could be a dull topic! Bravo!

And agree with David - are you sure itís your first time?! I noticed your downwind checks are becoming more methodical, where youíre looking for each item carefully before moving on. That wasnít so much the case for your first solo, although none will blame you for that! Sometimes when bashing circuits, if itís busy, Iíll split the landing checks in half - do the first half early downwind, stop in the middle to call downwind and have a good lookout, and then carry on with the rest of the checks, knowing Iíve still got base if it gets ahead of me.

I also note your RT is calmer and bang on, so thatís definitely working too!

Good work Ben - getting excited to hear of your adventures as you get stuck in further