Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    New Member Stubhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Love these videos Ben, your a good few lessons in front of me so itís great to see what Iíve got coming up and start mentally preparing.


  2. #22
    Wannabe Pilot BenAtkinsonUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubhoy View Post
    Love these videos Ben, your a good few lessons in front of me so itís great to see what Iíve got coming up and start mentally preparing.
    Great! Thanks for the feedback. Itís the comments that keep making me want to post them rather than just watching them back for myself, if theyíre useful to others, then great. What stage are you at?


  3. #23
    New Member Stubhoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    12
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAtkinsonUK View Post
    Great! Thanks for the feedback. Itís the comments that keep making me want to post them rather than just watching them back for myself, if theyíre useful to others, then great. What stage are you at?
    Iím just a few lessons in mate, trying to get one a week but the weather been against me. Hoping for a break in it so I can get a good few in in succession. I feel Iím a million miles away from where your at.


  4. #24
    Captain MadamBreakneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Essex UK
    Posts
    1,742
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 196 Times in 155 Posts
    Hi Ben,
    I'm looking at, and enjoying, your videos from the other end, so to speak. I retired from intructing a couple of years back; when I started I had intended to set up some videos like yours as part of the student briefing but we didn't have go-pros or similar then and cameras where too bulky (or too expensive).
    It's a great nostalgia boost for me to see your videos "hold off, hold off, hold off, hold off!" - keep 'em coming.

    Joan


    Back to just bimbling


  5. #25
    Co-Pilot goldrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Peterhead
    Posts
    956
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 58 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadamBreakneck View Post
    Hi Ben,
    snip....
    It's a great nostalgia boost for me to see your videos "hold off, hold off, hold off, hold off!" - keep 'em coming.

    Joan
    Rather reminds me of the time "Donkeys years ago" when I was doing my SLMG PPL with a WW2 Polish air ace as instructor who on approach would say "wait.. wait... wait".. result... I do nothing...
    and Boing.. BOing... BOING... BOING! go around...
    "wait.. wait.. wait"....
    Boing Boing BOING".
    until one of my fellow students said... what he means is "hold it off... try to stop it landing"..
    Wally Hayward


  6. #26
    Wannabe Pilot BenAtkinsonUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadamBreakneck View Post
    Hi Ben,
    I'm looking at, and enjoying, your videos from the other end, so to speak. I retired from intructing a couple of years back; when I started I had intended to set up some videos like yours as part of the student briefing but we didn't have go-pros or similar then and cameras where too bulky (or too expensive).
    It's a great nostalgia boost for me to see your videos "hold off, hold off, hold off, hold off!" - keep 'em coming.

    Joan
    Joan, thanks for your message! Great to hear youíre getting fond reminders of instructing! Yeh I imagine this has only got easier with newer lighter kit. And itís something my instructor is now showing other students before they take stalls / circuits etc etc. Haha - yes, Iíve heard ďhold offĒ plenty of times !
    Will do, new ep later this week!


  7. #27
    Wannabe Pilot BenAtkinsonUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldrush View Post
    Rather reminds me of the time "Donkeys years ago" when I was doing my SLMG PPL with a WW2 Polish air ace as instructor who on approach would say "wait.. wait... wait".. result... I do nothing...
    and Boing.. BOing... BOING... BOING! go around...
    "wait.. wait.. wait"....
    Boing Boing BOING".
    until one of my fellow students said... what he means is "hold it off... try to stop it landing"..
    Haha! What pressure having a WW2 ace as an instructor! Yep, itís that moment, where the phrase hold off sums it up exactly doesnít it ! And try to stop it landing is a great quote!!

    What a great message, cheers!


  8. #28
    Wannabe Pilot BenAtkinsonUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    NEW VIDEO - Unusual Attitudes

    Hey - new video below...it was an interesting lesson...having done no flying before anything other than 1G is weird!!


  9. The Following User Says Thank You to BenAtkinsonUK For This Useful Post:

    MadamBreakneck (Yesterday)


  10. #29
    Co-Pilot D-Flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    186
    Thanks
    17
    Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Another cracking video Ben! Particularly good of David to strap the GoPro to his head this time so we get a different view . And yes, lookout is vital, particularly if Iím flying nearby lol! Keep em coming!


Similar Threads

  1. Learning to fly
    By Kestutis in forum Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24-05-14, 14:10 PM
  2. Learning from ASN
    By pk1 in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-02-13, 17:11 PM
  3. Acronyms - Learning to Fly!
    By a.f.dickin in forum Microlight Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-06-11, 16:35 PM
  4. Learning experience
    By Roger Mole in forum Microlight Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-04-11, 11:06 AM
  5. Learning to fly at Chatteris
    By Katie in forum YouTube
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-12-10, 23:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •