Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Love these videos Ben, your a good few lessons in front of me so itís great to see what Iíve got coming up and start mentally preparing.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubhoy View Post
    Love these videos Ben, your a good few lessons in front of me so itís great to see what Iíve got coming up and start mentally preparing.
    Great! Thanks for the feedback. Itís the comments that keep making me want to post them rather than just watching them back for myself, if theyíre useful to others, then great. What stage are you at?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAtkinsonUK View Post
    Great! Thanks for the feedback. Itís the comments that keep making me want to post them rather than just watching them back for myself, if theyíre useful to others, then great. What stage are you at?
    Iím just a few lessons in mate, trying to get one a week but the weather been against me. Hoping for a break in it so I can get a good few in in succession. I feel Iím a million miles away from where your at.

Thanks
    Hi Ben,
    I'm looking at, and enjoying, your videos from the other end, so to speak. I retired from intructing a couple of years back; when I started I had intended to set up some videos like yours as part of the student briefing but we didn't have go-pros or similar then and cameras where too bulky (or too expensive).
    It's a great nostalgia boost for me to see your videos "hold off, hold off, hold off, hold off!" - keep 'em coming.

Joan

Back to just bimbling

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadamBreakneck View Post
    Hi Ben,
    snip....
    It's a great nostalgia boost for me to see your videos "hold off, hold off, hold off, hold off!" - keep 'em coming.

Joan
    Rather reminds me of the time "Donkeys years ago" when I was doing my SLMG PPL with a WW2 Polish air ace as instructor who on approach would say "wait.. wait... wait".. result... I do nothing...
    and Boing.. BOing... BOING... BOING! go around...
    "wait.. wait.. wait"....
    Boing Boing BOING".
    until one of my fellow students said... what he means is "hold it off... try to stop it landing"..
    Wally Hayward

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadamBreakneck View Post
    Hi Ben,
    I'm looking at, and enjoying, your videos from the other end, so to speak. I retired from intructing a couple of years back; when I started I had intended to set up some videos like yours as part of the student briefing but we didn't have go-pros or similar then and cameras where too bulky (or too expensive).

Joan
    Joan, thanks for your message! Great to hear youíre getting fond reminders of instructing! Yeh I imagine this has only got easier with newer lighter kit. And itís something my instructor is now showing other students before they take stalls / circuits etc etc. Haha - yes, Iíve heard ďhold offĒ plenty of times !
    Will do, new ep later this week!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goldrush View Post
    Rather reminds me of the time "Donkeys years ago" when I was doing my SLMG PPL with a WW2 Polish air ace as instructor who on approach would say "wait.. wait... wait".. result... I do nothing...
    and Boing.. BOing... BOING... BOING! go around...
    "wait.. wait.. wait"....
    Boing Boing BOING".
    until one of my fellow students said... what he means is "hold it off... try to stop it landing"..
    Haha! What pressure having a WW2 ace as an instructor! Yep, itís that moment, where the phrase hold off sums it up exactly doesnít it ! And try to stop it landing is a great quote!!

What a great message, cheers!

Thanks

NEW VIDEO - Unusual Attitudes

Hey - new video below...it was an interesting lesson...having done no flying before anything other than 1G is weird!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BenAtkinsonUK For This Useful Post:

MadamBreakneck (Yesterday)

Thanks
    Another cracking video Ben! Particularly good of David to strap the GoPro to his head this time so we get a different view . And yes, lookout is vital, particularly if Iím flying nearby lol! Keep em coming!