Blog Entries
    Thanks

Question How big is an X-Air ?

Does anybody have the dimensions of an X-Air with wings folded on a road trailer ?

I'm looking at possibly buying an X-Air 602T with wing-fold, to be stored off-airfield, and would like to know the overall size in order to search for a storage location as hangar space here is in very short supply ....

Thanks in advance.
    The three most useless things in aviation:
    • The air above you.
    • The runway behind you.
    • The fuel in the bowser.

Rule #1: Always tie your aircraft to the largest heaviest object available. The planet Earth meets these requirements and is readily available in all locations.
    Rule #2: The great thing about twin engined aircraft is, if one engine fails, the other engine always has just enough power to get you to the scene of the crash.

Semper specto in clara parte vitae.

Thanks
    To the best of my knowledge:

Length: 5.7m
    Height (wings on): 2.55m
    Height (wings off): ~2.35m
    Width (Wheel track, wings off): 1.6m
    Wings length (each): ~4.1m

All in all the trailer's marginal dimensions to fit the plane with wings in it would be something like:

Length: 6m
    Height: 2.5m
    Width: 2m

I hope this helps and in case I'm mistaken about any dimensions - I stand to be corrected.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks for that. I think the critical dimension will be the height when on the trailer.

Anyone got an exact height ?
    • The air above you.
    • The runway behind you.

Rule #1: Always tie your aircraft to the largest heaviest object available. The planet Earth meets these requirements and is readily available in all locations.
    Rule #2: The great thing about twin engined aircraft is, if one engine fails, the other engine always has just enough power to get you to the scene of the crash.

Thanks
    Hi,
    Am I right that X'Air 602T is the abroad equivalent of what's sold in the UK as the X'Air Hawk?
    Sad no owner's come on to help.
    Best I could find by internet search is this [here]
    which gives 2280mm as height from ground to top of fin in normal ground attitude

Good luck.

Back to just bimbling in the TST.

No longer instructing - just pontificating..
    and now a Tai Chi instructor

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks for that Joan, but the model I refer to as the 602T is known in the UK as the X-Air Falcon and refers to the model powered by a Rotax 582 as opposed to a Jabiru or D-Motor (http://randkar.free.fr/eng/ftarif.htm).
    While I can find the dimensions for the basic aircraft on the dealers website (http://randkar.free.fr/eng/xairf.htm) there is no reference to the trailer.
    I was hoping that somebody has one on a road legal trailer and that they could tell me how much extra that adds to the dimensions.
    The basic aircraft is 2.55m high, so I guess that I would need to find a storage area with a door 3.5 to 4m high to avoid having to load/unload the aircraft each time.

No hurry, I'm not in a positon to buy until the summer.....
    • The air above you.
    • The runway behind you.