Thanks

Sky Ranger Classic 912UL 80HP (G-CCLU) For Sale

As I'm upgrading to GA aircraft for sale is my Skyranger Classic (G-CCLU). It's powered by the 80hp Rotax 912 UL engine, driven by a 3 blade Kiev prop and covered with lacquered Dacron skins with plenty of life left in them. Cruises comfortably at 80 MPH at 4000 RPM burning 8-10 l/ph mogas or 100 MPH with a bit of a push and 12-14 l/ph consumption. Price: 19,000

Instruments:
    - Air speed indicator
    - Vertical speed indicator
    - Altitude indicator
    - Magnetic compass
    - RPM gauge
    - Oil pressure gauge
    - Oil temperature gauge
    - Cylinder head temperature gauge
    - Coolant temperature gauge
    - Voltmeter gauge
    Extras:
    - Upgraded optional seats (Half leather/Half Alcantara)
    - Landing light
    - Strobe light
    - Phone/tablet holder
    - Intercom with standard GA headset plugs (Yaesu FTA550 ready, radio not included); Running on 9v battery (runs for ~30 hrs per battery)

TTA (03/05/2019): 773
    TTE (03/05/2019): 790

Expect the hours quoted to increase slightly as I still fly that whenever I can.

It was professionally built and finished by Lee Stanton in 2004 and ever since it's been maintained to the highest of standards. All log books, annual inspections, build manual, operator manual and documentation is available. Current permit is valid until 20/10/2019. It had a 50 hours service carried out about 20 hours ago, new tyres all around less than 10 hours ago and new engine start button 1 hour ago. It is a very reliable, beautifully built, much loved and very well looked after aircraft but unfortunately I can't afford to keep it. I will be happy to take anyone interested up in it for a test flight as only that will make it justice. Based at EGSX (North Weald Airfield). Price is not negotiable as the asking price is sensible enough.

If you have any further questions and/or require any additional information I forgot to mention - please do not hesitate to give me a call on 07763 834 483

There are loads of additional photos of the aircraft on the internet (yes, it is the Skyranger on the front page of the BMAA website) but if you require any photos of particular parts of the plane - do not hesitate to get in touch and I will be more than happy to provide those.
    Last edited by Gentreau; 03-05-19 at 16:43 PM. Reason: Typo (Pirce)

Thanks
    Hi Diyan.
    "Upgrading" to GA?? Downgrading, surely.
    What are you going to be flying? Something interesting I hope.

Back to just bimbling in the TST.

No longer instructing - just pontificating.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MadamBreakneck For This Useful Post:

Gentreau (03-05-19)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadamBreakneck View Post
    Hi Diyan.
    "Upgrading" to GA?? Downgrading, surely.
    What are you going to be flying? Something interesting I hope.
    Looked at it money wise - definitely downgrading

I decided to continue my aviation education and pursue a CPL.

I'm looking to replace CCLU with a PA28 Cherokee as my own training aircraft and hour builder.

Thanks
    You need to lower the Pitch on your prop, if those figures are correct you aren't getting near full power for take off

Thanks
    Diyan, my SkyRanger with an 80hp Rotax and Kiev 3-blade propeller returns exactly the same figures you stated above. The prop pitch is set to the figure in the HADS.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgard View Post
    You need to lower the Pitch on your prop, if those figures are correct you aren't getting near full power for take off
    Prop pitch is perfect as the aircraft is looked after/maintained by a BMAA inspector. Definitely getting full power for take off and it will climb 875 ft/m with two up easily. Remember it's covered in Dacron hence why slightly faster than Xlam/Ultralam.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerial View Post
    Diyan, my SkyRanger with an 80hp Rotax and Kiev 3-blade propeller returns exactly the same figures you stated above. The prop pitch is set to the figure in the HADS.
    Thanks for letting me know Aerial. Actually my Sky Ranger is the best build I've flown in (and I have been in a few). So stable and handles bumps and lumps with ease hence why I'm inviting anyone interested in it for a flight. Only that would make it justice.
    Last edited by Diyan; 07-05-19 at 14:19 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Diyan For This Useful Post:

Aerial (05-05-19)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Diyan View Post

I decided to continue my aviation education and pursue a CPL...
    Congratulations on your decision to go for a flying career - best of luck in that endeavour; they say there's going to be a large shortage of commercial pilots.

So you'll end up as one of thse airline pilots who owns a microlight for his fun flying?

Back to just bimbling in the TST.

No longer instructing - just pontificating.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MadamBreakneck View Post
    Congratulations on your decision to go for a flying career - best of luck in that endeavour; they say there's going to be a large shortage of commercial pilots.

So you'll end up as one of thse airline pilots who owns a microlight for his fun flying?
    Thank you Joan, much appreciated. It is going to be a lot of hard work and it will take quite a bit of time but in my opinion it will be totally worth it in the end. I'm not looking to be an airline pilot as it is right now but may consider something part time (tighter schedule) in the future. I can't wait to meet you again so I can tell you all about it but it's definitely something very exciting business idea wise. I'm also really looking forward to a ride in the TST.

I will definitely own a microlight for my fun flying. For now, however I could well use the funds invested for an aircraft suitable for hours building.