Page 29 of 32 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132 LastLast
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Jones View Post
    Not nearly so easy in French Gentreau, since we have 3 times as many words in English, because we have nicked words from so many other languages. It's not an accident that we have lots of famous writers, Shakespeare et al (see what I did there?), and the French have more painters (the famous "light" in France and more opportunity to paint outside). Now we really have strayed off topic!
    This is true Adrian, but, what the French lack in words they more than make up for in their conjugations .... welcome to the world of the eternally wandering mindset
    F-JRIB LF1751 Corme Ecluse

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Phil.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlag View Post
    This is true Adrian, but, what the French lack in words they more than make up for in their conjugations .... welcome to the world of the eternally wandering mindset
    I'll have you know we also have plenty of conjugations over on this side of The Sleeve. The rumour that French pilots make the best lovers is just a load of tosh.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paultheparaglider For This Useful Post:

Gentreau (11-07-19), jetlag (11-07-19), renmure (13-07-19)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by paultheparaglider View Post
    I'll have you know we also have plenty of conjugations over on this side of The Sleeve. The rumour that French pilots make the best lovers is just a load of tosh.
    Depends on whether quality is more important than quantity, surely?
    Martin
    BMAA 5370
    Fixed wing instruction, examinations and revalidations in Norfolk.

Thanks
    Getting the subject back on topic I heard that the new owner of P&M Aviation was going to make an announcement yesterday (10th July)
    As yet I haven't seen any such announcement anywhere in the social media from the alleged new owner.

What I have seen is that Companies House have released today 11 Jul 2019 Statement of administrator's proposal This document is being processed and will be available in 5 days. (16 Jul 2019)

So, I wonder has the company actually now got a new owner or are the administrators still looking for a UK based buyer instead of the reported Indian Flexwing company.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04626413/filing-history

Keith Nelson
    ( Actively looking for a microlight to buy ).

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.

Thanks
    Well, the rumours that P&M Aviation has been acquired by an Indian flexwing company are true
    At least now there is a glimmer of hope that support will be in place for all P&M microlight owners

PRESS RELEASE: NEW OWNERS OF P&M AVIATION’S ASSETS & IP
    July 12, 2019
    We are pleased to announce the successful purchase of the assets & IP of P&M Aviation Limited in administration by Albatross Flying Systems (OPC) Pvt Ltd., a well-established high-quality microlight and sport aviation manufacturer, based in Bangalore, India.
    Javad Hassan - Managing Director, together with board member & major investor Anupinder Singh Randhawa, are committed to keeping the world beating range of P&M products alive and fully supported. Restructuring will be necessary to achieve a sustainable manufacturing base and we are already in discussions with the UK authorities to achieve the necessary approvals as quickly as possible.
    Although based in India, we have long standing ties to the UK and a local presence will be maintained to enable smooth communication between the company and its UK customer base
    as well as the BMAA and the CAA. We anticipate announcing the new UK distributor for Pegasus Sport Aircraft within the next couple of weeks.
    We wish to assure all interested parties, that we own all the assets & IP of P&M Aviation outright. This includes all manufacturing rights, intellectual property, designs and tooling.
    Despite announcements to the contrary, we have not granted any person or entity the right to manufacture or supply products and parts. We intended that P&M products will retain supported Type Approved status, therefore repairs or work carried out using parts supplied from any other source will render the aircraft unairworthy, unless approved under an authorized modification scheme.
    For Albatross Flying Systems (OPC) Pvt Ltd

The above paragraphs are taken from.

https://www.bmaa.org/news/bmaa-news/p-m-press-release
    Last edited by Gentreau; 12-07-19 at 11:28 AM. Reason: fixed link, formatting
    Keith Nelson
    ( Actively looking for a microlight to buy ).

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Keith Nelson For This Useful Post:

jetlag (12-07-19), Keveng (12-07-19)

Thanks
    That is excellent news. I am very pleased for you all, here's to a bright future
    F-JRIB LF1751 Corme Ecluse

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Phil.

Thanks
    That is good news. I wonder who the UK distributor will be? Presumably they are negotiating this now.
    Martin
    BMAA 5370
    Fixed wing instruction, examinations and revalidations in Norfolk.

Thanks
    Will be interesting to see how the pricing works out with brexit down the road and possibly further de-valuing of the pound vs euro and tariffs.
    Of course the most expensive part is made in Austria!

Thanks
    It is good news as I would suspect most of us only wanted access to spares, would be even better if Denise from the P&M Rochdale team could supply new/repair sails under licence...

Thanks
    Albatross have been making trikes and wings that look very very similar to Quantum’s for some time now, so if P&M had totally disappeared, obtaining replacement parts like the fibreglass bits would not have been a problem." Flexwings are up and coming" as a sport in India so they certainly have the 'enthusiasm' for such a purchase

http://www.albatrossflyingsystems.com/photo.htm

They are going to hit the ground running with the parts supply part of the business one would think.
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting