Thread: hang bracket

Thanks

hang bracket

Hi guys does anyone have a hang bracket or mono pole and bush for a q wing 462, my holes in tube as worn I've move hang bush to the next position I've been told it will fly slower but hang bolt bracket also needs need can any one help thanks chris

Thanks
    Chris,

You say you need either a hang bracket or a monopole for a Q, yet the situation you describe indicates that the holes in keel tube in the wing has worn, along with the holes in the hang bracket. The hole at the top of the monopole is in a sleeve that goes through a bearing, so if that ever wore oval you'd be able to replace the sleeve. However, in practice they never do wear out.

Regarding the wing keel tube, you can get the holes sleeved. I had it done on mine by Andy Buchan. It wasn't expensive, and saved me a lot of grief. For the holes through the hang bracket I would recommend that you get them drilled out and sleeved back to original size as well.

Thanks
    In case anyone thinks I was advocating drilling out and sleeving the two big holes in the hang bracket, where the hang bolt goes through, I wasn't!

I was advocating drilling out the two small holes in the bracket through which the locator bolt goes. It's common for this bolt to move in both the bracket and the keel tube. One way of dealing with it is to drill both the keel and the hang bracket holes out and fit a larger bolt, but I wouldn't recommend it. Instead Chris462micro should dismantle his wing, remove the keel tube, get it to Andy Buchan and ask him to sleeve all the holes through it. He did mine a few years ago, and if I recall it wasn't at all expensive. At the time I think it cost less than 20. I'm sure it would cost more now, but even so, that's still going to be much cheaper than buying a new keel tube. Also, the holes in the hang bracket can be drilled out a bit, and alloy sleeves inserted to bring the holes back to original size and roundness.

All in all the cost should be much less than 100 and the plane would be like new again.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BobH For This Useful Post:

Gentreau (27-07-19)

Thanks
    Thanks once again I have now contacted andy Buchan he said he will do at approx 35 quid bargain