Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: microlight wife

  1. #1
    New Member Chris462micro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post

    microlight wife

    Hi
    Does any one have a problem with their partners, when you go flying ? She always nice when I go flying tells me to have a good time and see you when you come back then the problem's start???
    As you all know you talk to other pilot and time goes so fast maybe it's something to do with coming back 3 hours later 😀 dinners in dog or bin I just can't see why they get so upset do I really want to go see in laws hen I could be flying she keep telling me it's you or the plane so she as to go 😀😁😂


  2. #2
    Co-Pilot Martin Watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    566
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 107 Times in 81 Posts
    Four hours minimum. Depending a bit on traveling time, but no way will a trip to the airfield take less than four hours (even if it's just "to check everything is ok").
    This needs to be understood right up front. Compromise where you need to to earn "brownie points" but if four hours isn't understood by your partner then you are in big trouble.
    Martin
    BMAA 5370
    Fixed wing instruction, examinations and revalidations in Norfolk.


  3. #3
    Co-Pilot Peter Twissell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    263
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 78 Times in 60 Posts
    I just suggest to my wife that she goes into the garage and checks the oil and tyre pressures on her bike. That gives me four hours clear.
    G-BZNP Still not dead


  4. #4
    New Member Chris462micro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    bristol
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    I'm going to try your advice let you know


  5. #5
    Captain MadamBreakneck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Essex UK
    Posts
    1,919
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 254 Times in 198 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Twissell View Post
    I just suggest to my wife that she goes into the garage and checks the oil and tyre pressures on her bike. That gives me four hours clear.
    But that's what husbands are for!




    Back to just bimbling in the TST.

    No longer instructing - just pontificating..
    and now a Tai Chi instructor


  6. #6
    Co-Pilot Peter Twissell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    263
    Blog Entries
    1
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 78 Times in 60 Posts
    Touché on the gender stereotyping!
    G-BZNP Still not dead


  7. #7
    Trainee Pilot newflyer17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    63
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    It might be worth pointing out that the last thing you want to be doing is rushing.
    That's when mistakes happen.


  8. #8
    Captain andy dixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,244
    Thanks
    143
    Thanked 144 Times in 123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris462micro View Post
    Hi
    Does any one have a problem with their partners, when you go flying ? She always nice when I go flying tells me to have a good time and see you when you come back then the problem's start???
    As you all know you talk to other pilot and time goes so fast maybe it's something to do with coming back 3 hours later �� dinners in dog or bin I just can't see why they get so upset do I really want to go see in laws hen I could be flying she keep telling me it's you or the plane so she as to go ������
    You only have to look on afors for your answer........not many flexwings about, probably easier to get a new wife than get a new plane....
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting


  9. #9
    Co-Pilot Martin Watson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    566
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 107 Times in 81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by andy dixon View Post
    You only have to look on afors for your answer........not many flexwings about, probably easier to get a new wife than get a new plane....
    I can't find the link for WFORS. Can anybody help?
    Martin
    BMAA 5370
    Fixed wing instruction, examinations and revalidations in Norfolk.


  10. #10
    Co-Pilot Wexfordair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 25 Times in 23 Posts
    Ha ha. Is true though.... more wives for sale on the net than flexwings so there must be a lot of us in that boat

    https://brightbrides.net/


Similar Threads

  1. How do I persuade my wife?
    By racundra in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 29-08-13, 14:06 PM
  2. Fancy Swapping your Wife !
    By Kenby in forum Microlight Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 18-02-13, 23:15 PM
  3. THE HUSBAND STORE vs THE WIFE STORE.
    By P Kelsey in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17-02-11, 17:43 PM
  4. Best Microlighting Wife/Girlfriend/Partner
    By MAX912S in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 22-03-10, 20:41 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •