Thanks

DIY microlight wing, Soviet , La Mouette ATLAS hangglider plans attached

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...-A?usp=sharing

Sometimes ago , someone sent me russian article with plans of la mouette atlas hangglider plans and told me that russians used these plans to build their diy microlight wing and I have atttached the translation and all files above.

Is there anyone , any article , any reference or do you know something to convert these plans in to microlight wing.

Thank you and Happy Weekend,

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...-A?usp=sharing

Sometimes ago , someone sent me russian article with plans of la mouette atlas hangglider plans and told me that russians used these plans to build their diy microlight wing and I have atttached the translation and all files above.

Is there anyone , any article , any reference or do you know something to convert these plans in to microlight wing.

Thank you and Happy Weekend,

Mustafa Umut Sarac
    Istanbul
    The Russians and the Ukranians had their own hang gliding designers and designs. Aeros, Antonov...

The La Mouette Atlas is a free flying wing and a either 1978 or 1979 design, so it's very, very old. As you can see in the notes, they refer to a 70kg pilot.

The Atlas design will not have the right strength of tube for a microlight wing, and the sail, designed for weight shift control for 70kg pilot, will be overly washed out when loaded with a trike and a pilot.

I know the original designer, he designed and built different wings for flying microlights.

I would suggest that unless you really know what you are doing, that a home built La Mouette Atlas is not a good start for a microlight. You may also find it hard to get the D16 alloy tube the design mentions, and rebuilding it with 7075 could be a mistake. IIRC the original design was in HT30 or 6082.

Of course, you could always ask La Mouette themselves, and they will advice you against it, with very good reason.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"