Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Tower were fine no probs at all. We do have a transponder which must make us a easier customer ??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sssdu01 View Post
    Tower were fine no probs at all. We do have a transponder which must make us a easier customer ??
    you prob woke them up during the quiet time lol..

whats the landing fee??
    The more people I meet the more I love my cat..

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kawasakiinit View Post

whats the landing fee??
    With handling it was about 80. Our most expensive was Bristol International which was about 90. Yes expensive but offsett by the many grass strips that ask for a 5 donation.

I often fly with another pilot and we are trying to land at every airfield within a 60 mile radius of Gloucester where we keep the plane. We have about 8 to go and we have done the lot. Managed to get a freeby landing for a pilot swap at Brize Norton and the circuit they gave us was just huge as the same size as the big 4 engined things they have there.

We also have two airfields to go and we have done every airstrip in Wales, have done all the airfields on Isle of White in a day. Yes I do wonder why people say we are running out places to land at ........... i say they are flying the wrong sort of plane

Some people ask me what was my favorite ? I dont have one favorite, but the most memorable is Hardwicke (near Shobden) . It a tricky one as it got a steep slope at one and so one way in/one way out and no chance of a go around if you mess it up. Departure involves an uphill taxy (4,500 revs !!!) to get to the uphill end of the runway, and departure is like flying off a cliff, as the ground drops away before you have properly taken off !!

Shortest trip was Cardiff international to St Athen, its about 3 mins flying time, and Cardiff hand you over to St Athan before you have even got to the end of the runway !!

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I often fly with another pilot and we are trying to land at every airfield within a 60 mile radius of Gloucester where we keep the plane. We have about 8 to go and we have done the lot. !
    Have you thought of doing these ? Alphabet and QFU Challenges 2020
    The three most useless things in aviation:
    • The air above you.
    • The runway behind you.
    • The fuel in the bowser.

Rule #1: Always tie your aircraft to the largest heaviest object available. The planet Earth meets these requirements and is readily available in all locations.
    Rule #2: The great thing about twin engined aircraft is, if one engine fails, the other engine always has just enough power to get you to the scene of the crash.

Semper specto in clara parte vitae.

Thanks
    With handling it was about 80. Our most expensive was Bristol International which was about 90. Yes expensive but offsett by the many grass strips that ask for a 5 donation.

I often fly with another pilot and we are trying to land at every airfield within a 60 mile radius of Gloucester where we keep the plane. We have about 8 to go and we have done the lot. !!
    Have you done?

Abergavenny
    Kemmys Commander
    Chase Farm
    EastBach
    Brown shutters

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by _Red_ View Post
    Have you done?

Abergavenny
    Kemmys Commander
    Chase Farm
    EastBach
    Brown shutters
    Yes to 1, 4 & 5 but thanks for some new strips !!

Chase farm new on Sky Demon, Kemmy Comander isnt on Sky demon but looks close to Trosty Farm which is. Thats a nice tour of three new strips if it ever dries out

Thanks
    Trostrey farm is Kemmys commander, Alastair the owner (runs Tank School at the same location if you fancy driving a T54) was out cutting the strip when I passed today so probably ok condition there.
    Chase farm I'm not sure about condition at the moment.

Thanks

I often fly with another pilot and we are trying to land at every airfield within a 60 mile radius of Gloucester where we keep the plane. We have about 8 to go and we have done the lot. Managed to get a freeby landing for a pilot swap at Brize Norton and the circuit they gave us was just huge as the same size as the big 4 engined things they have there.

We also have two airfields to go and we have done every airstrip in Wales, have done all the airfields on Isle of White in a day. Yes I do wonder why people say we are running out places to land at ........... i say they are flying the wrong sort of plane

Some people ask me what was my favorite ? I dont have one favorite, but the most memorable is Hardwicke (near Shobden) . It a tricky one as it got a steep slope at one and so one way in/one way out and no chance of a go around if you mess it up. Departure involves an uphill taxy (4,500 revs !!!) to get to the uphill end of the runway, and departure is like flying off a cliff, as the ground drops away before you have properly taken off !!

Shortest trip was Cardiff international to St Athen, its about 3 mins flying time, and Cardiff hand you over to St Athan before you have even got to the end of the runway !!
    A proper adventure well done pal
    The more people I meet the more I love my cat..

Thanks
    Hi all.

Not posted here for a long time, but with the current state of things, I've got a bit more time on my hands than usual.

As a final "pre-lockdown" flight, myself and a couple of locals did a run up to Scotland from our base at Huddersfield Crosland Moor (and one from Rossall) last Sunday.

Our little formation was made up of two Skyrangers a Eurostar and me in my CT.

Taking off at about 11:30, we planned direct from Crosland to Bute, the other 3 in the group went overhead Prestwick, I decided to take the scenic route and popped over the water to fly up the east coast of Arran, which looked incredible in the sun, with a lot of snow still on the peaks.

Easy approach into Bute over the water. I've visited quite a few strips in Scotland on FlyUK over the last couple of years, but never into Bute before. Nice to tick it off the list.

Beautiful strip. Collected a card from the information post with payment details (and transferred my landing fee that night!).

Then it was a quick hop over to Strathaven to grab some fuel for the other aircraft.

Following a quick splash and dash at Strathaven it was a perfectly straight line down to Crosland, but with a headwind taking a full 20 knots off our speed over the ground.

A lovely afternoon's flying, back on the ground at Crosland at 16:30, still with just over half a tank of fuel remaining in the CT. It's amazing how much ground you can cover in a bunch of Microlights.

Stay safe all.
    Last edited by RichJordan; 30-03-20 at 19:17 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to RichJordan For This Useful Post:

Gentreau (30-03-20)