Thanks

need help identifying a nano light trike

Hello all. i was given a nano trike from a friend of a friend who has passed away. trying to get info on it. the only markings on it are "fly products" stitched in the seat. i dont believe fly products made the trike though. it has a solo 210 motor on it. it had no prop, but i mounted a 52 inch prop on it and tried to mount my falcon tandem to it and the rear flying wires interfere with the prop radius and the downtubes are too long for this combo. does anyone know who made this unit ( some of the brackets make it look factory built)? or what wing works with it? thanks. Paul

Thanks
    finally figured out how to upload the photo. atleast i think i did. PHOTO_20200329_120121.jpg

Thanks
    Not a UK trike. It was normal back in the day to move the rear flying wires forward on the keel (shortening to suit) when converting a free flying HG wing to trike operation. But I think you'd struggle with your wing. The angle would be too tight. As you say, the control frame is just too deep. Those wires that stop fore and aft movement of the axles look way too loose (the rear wire is floppy). That needs fixing before even taxying as steering control would be hopelessly compromised.

Thanks
    So, there is an issue with your Falcon Tandem.

In Europe we work on a 1.2m distance from the end of the hang loop to the "base tube" and in the US it's 1.47m from memory.

This means that a US wing won't easily fit a European trike.

So, you might need to look for a European version of the Falcon A frame, or a European tandem/solo glider.

Worth checking this with a responsible adult at Wills Wing.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"

Thanks
    Wasn't aware there was a 'standard' for such things Steve. I've seen quite a variation in control frame depths - admittedly with 80's vintage wings.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arielarts View Post
    Wasn't aware there was a 'standard' for such things Steve. I've seen quite a variation in control frame depths - admittedly with 80's vintage wings.
    There are three standards world wide to which HG are certified - USHGMA (US Hang Gliding Manufacturer's Association), DHV (German HG Association)and BHPA (British Hang Gliding and Paragliding Association). There was a Swiss Standard but it's now defunct.

The Swiss started certifying in Switzerland in 1972, but it was only by the mid 1980s that things had settled down. I think the Swiss standard closed its doors at the end of the last century.

They are not a million miles apart but the US standard is a big like French certification, they provide tests that you comply with or you explain and justify your own. There are no construction requirements, it's the load test that decides if the construction is adequate. The two European ones are closer. The two European ones are run by associations in their own countries, whereas the US one is run by a manufacturer's association.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"

Thanks
    thanks for the info guys. i may just modify the trike to fit the wing. Paul

Thanks
    You may need to do a bit of both. You should be able to move those rear flying wires forwards a bit.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Donahue View Post
    thanks for the info guys. i may just modify the trike to fit the wing. Paul
    It's worth bearing in mind that Wills Wing used to advise against the use of power with any of their wings.

Not sure is they still do.

This may be simply a way to minimise product liability.

Sometimes the settings for the tips on free flying wings and other aspects of tuning lead to handling that's good for thermalling, but means especially for climbing turns, the wing may wind into turns.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights