Thanks

Chinese 912 coming to Europe

The press release, in French:

https://www.ulmag.fr/index.php?lire=...4071653#htexpo

Or, if you feel more comfortable, in Spanish:

https://ultralivianos.blogspot.com/2...rotax-912.html

My apologies, I have not found this in English, what I paste below is a quick translation from Google:

"The Moselane Air-K-Motors company, formed by Claude Kieger, distributes the Zongshen Aero Engine aeronautical engines in Europe. For what interests the ULM world, the references C80 and C100 will soon be available for purchase. What are these engines? Quite simply identical replicas, right down to the last bolt of the Rotax 912 UL and 912 ULS. They are mounted on the same cradles, are connected to the same electrical circuit, to the same fuel circuit, have identical masses and dimensions. The Chinese specialty in all its glory in a few ways ... The C80 develops 80 hp (standard without torque limiter) and the C100 100 hp (standard with torque limiter). We will be surprised to find that the carburetors are Bing64 directly supplied by Rotax! A supply that could quickly dry up, which is why engineers are developing their own carburetors, as well as a simpler electronic injection system than the Austrian. A C110 (110 hp) version of the engine is also being developed to meet new European regulations which now allow this power for multi-axis. The arguments of Zongshen Aero Engine engines lie in the manufacturer's warranty extended to 3 years or 500 hours; in the 20-year TBO or 2,000 hours for the C100 and 2,500 hours for the C80 and in the rates: 12,360 euros ttc for the 80 hp and 14,640 euros ttc for the 100 hp. Zongshen Aero Engine has also developed a C115, an identical copy of the 914 UL, which will not be imported into France immediately. The range of aeronautical engines Zongshen Aero Engine includes a twin cylinder 2T of 20 ch for paramotor, a C145 (145 ch) for drones or light planes, a C330 (330 ch) for drones or less light planes, and Zongshen Aero also develops propellers adjustable composites ..."

Cheers,

José Pascual

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jpmasso For This Useful Post:

jetlag (10-04-20)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    There's something not right about this.
    A search for Air-K-Motors turns up zero hits and a search of the yellow pages for the supposed location of the company turns up zero results, neither does a search in the whole département of Moselle.....
    I know that UL Mag published this on the 8th April, but is there any chance this story was originally published on 1st April ???

Also interesting, there is no mention of these engines on the Zongsen company website either ..... http://en.zongshen.cn/industry/hf/
    Last edited by Gentreau; 10-04-20 at 08:54 AM.
    The three most useless things in aviation:
    • The air above you.
    • The runway behind you.
    • The fuel in the bowser.

Rule #1: Always tie your aircraft to the largest heaviest object available. The planet Earth meets these requirements and is readily available in all locations.
    Rule #2: The great thing about twin engined aircraft is, if one engine fails, the other engine always has just enough power to get you to the scene of the crash.

Semper specto in clara parte vitae.

Thanks
    Was it before 12 o'clock on the 1 April by any chance ?
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting

Thanks
    As of last week I’m now experimenting with a BMW R1200RT engine.
    disclaimer....as per 2010 European libel act....these are my thoughts only and may not represent the thoughts or actions of any person /company/group/manufacturer named in this article/Internet posting

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentreau View Post
    Also interesting, there is no mention of these engines on the Zongsen company website either ..... http://en.zongshen.cn/industry/hf/
    Picture on this page, referred to as C145 engine?

http://en.zongshen.cn/industry/hf/

You may need to scroll down then wait for the pictures to rotate through the set.
    Steve U.
    PG, HG & microlights
    "Weekend bimbler, day to day car driver & genuinely undeserving Southern oik who has never done anything of any worth"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by andy dixon View Post
    As of last week I’m now experimenting with a BMW R1200RT engine.
    I have the BMW K1200RS on my gyrocopter sweet as a nut, lovely sound and bags of power ..... WHOOOOSH
    F-JRIB LF1751 Corme Ecluse

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Phil.

Thanks
    More pictures:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/436449...78ZtiElomCcOML

Cheers,

José Pascual