Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Normality

Thanks

Normality

Wake up grateful for a rest after a working week. A particular breakfast then a favourite programme.

The local boot-sale with all of its usual characters and their usual dogs. Overhear priceless interactions betwixt stander and punter. Tick off one or three random handy pieces of stuff for next to nowt.

Bacon butty temptation resisted, a punnet of strawberries (or four) only after recalling sight of the necessary evaporated milk in the cupboard. Look at the sky - yes - flyable, as forecast.

Back home, do nice stuff. Relax. Can I really be bothered? It all costs so much I have to be bothered.

Jerricans, stuff, organisation. The all too familiar long drive (ride can be better) and then park at the field. Really can't be bothered to get out of the comfy car but have to.

To do battle with the doors and hangar-rash. Pull, watch. Shove, watch. Heave, watch.

Do the feeling kneeling crawling and looking at thing as always. All the time thinking it a waste of time.

CHIFTWAP TTWWAAFFHH.

And then it's the little finger around the rotaty nylon thingy on the end of the throttle lever
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place" - G.B.S.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    New Normality.

Work from home all week, sat at your computer, logged into work, wishing you were outside in the sun, or tinkering in the garage, or brewing beer...

Wake up at the weekend, look outside at the blazing sun, decide it's too hot, look briefly into the garage and decide against working on the motorbike - what's the bloody point? it's not gonna move for ages yet... eventually settle back in front of the bloody computer, watching just about anything that YouTube serves up...

Thanks
    New normality - do the supermarkets actually have any home delivery slots?

Back to just bimbling in the TST.

No longer instructing - just pontificating..

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    New normality:
    Work from home. I'm now contracted to just 3 days per week, but I am spreading the hours over 5 days so as to be conveniently available to my colleagues. Thus my week is a mix of work, time in the workshop machining parts for a project and time in the spare room building a model aircraft.
    Weekend included model flying on the village green (right in front of my house), work on my wife's car and getting her bike started up and run for a while.

I've had cause to go into work on a couple of occasions, so my bike has seen some action. Fortunately, over the past few years my rate of creation of new projects has exceeded my rate of completion, so I have enough to keep me fully occupied for some considerable time.
    G-BZNP Still not dead, but resting following engine failure.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hi Peter

How's the jab engine rebuild going?

Thanks
    As a farmer, new normality is pretty much like the old one
    Just less people on the roads moaning about being stuck behind my tractor

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hi Garry,
    The crankcases are still awaiting line boring for oversize shells. The rest of the engine is at a friends workshop. Under the current restrictions, I can't access either location.
    Much of the year since the failure was wasted trying to source parts from Jabiru.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Hi

Give Kevin a call07415494717 he rebuilt my engine after the flywheel bolts snapped, he sent the crank cases off to be line bored

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks Garry, I'm doing my own rebuild with a few small modifications. I have the new parts I need now, having traced them to source and bypassed the delays (and mark-ups) added by Jabiru.

Thanks
    normallity means being normal people